Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Insurance with pre-existing condition: what exactly is not covered?

• 06-01-2017 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello there,

I just moved here from the UK and I seem to be quite confused at the pre-existing conditions rules regarding VHI policies. I understand that the waiting period is 5 years for any pre-existing condition. But here's the thing: a few days ago I decided to have a colonoscopy directly related to my pre-existing condition at a private hospital. On being admitted I gave all my insurance details as well as details of my pre-existing condition and when my symptoms began. Everything went well and on being discharged and after a few days I received the VHI claim form through the post and to my surprise, they covered everything. So my question is: what exactly is not covered during the waiting period? If anyone could clarify I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sceptic Orwellian

Anyone have experience with VHI can answer that for me please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I think pre existing conditions would only be for inpatient costs. I don't think it considers outpatient costs.

Advertisement