Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedroom and en suite lights not working in an apartment

Options
  • 06-01-2017 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I live in a 2 bed apartment, Lights have stopped working in both bedrooms and en suite bathroom and connected fan not working also.
    Lights ok in remainder of apartment i.e kitchen, living room , hall and main bathroom.
    There is only one breaker for lights but it's not tripped.
    Any ideas of anything else I could check before I call a sparks.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you sure there isn't another breaker on the board that's tripped? What's written on the board and what has been wired up don't always align, especially if it's a celtic tiger apartment.

Obviously try replace the bulbs, etc.

Main concern would be a short or broken wiring caused by flooding from an apartment above or rats chewing on the wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

This really does sound like the above post suggests, are they garo MCBs ? They can look to be stuck in the position and people miss this and think they are up. It means it tripped of its like that, and not intentionally switched off

They need to be switched off ( down) then moved up (on)

Advertisement