Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Summer Kit - closing end of January

Options
  • 06-01-2017 11:34am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, got clearance from HQ to start this.

As agreed with Boards HQ THERE WILL BE NO REDESIGN. The order will be the same as the last order.

The usual kit will be made available. I will put a list up later.

John at Lucca will be the usual supplier. Order via the Boards Shop Front with deliver to Boards HQ.

This is just a holding post. I'll post more details later.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Shop front is open

if you go to https://shop.vergesport.com/start.aspx and input the password boards17 you will see all the prices etc

It will be open until end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

godtabh wrote: »
    Shop front is open

if you go to https://shop.vergesport.com/start.aspx and input the password boards17 you will see all the prices etc

It will be open until end of January

Nothing happens for me, when I enter the code ??
    Got it !! ��

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

greenspurs wrote: »
    Nothing happens for me, when I enter the code ??
    Got it !! ��

enter boards17 all lower case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What's the primary difference between the Strike+, Core+ and Elite bib shorts and how do they fit based on the sizing guide?

I could do with a pair of shorts to match the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Mods - is it worth making this thread a sticky?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

crosstownk wrote: »
    What's the primary difference between the Strike+, Core+ and Elite bib shorts and how do they fit based on the sizing guide?

I dont know. I have a setof elite shorts. They are fine but showing a lot of use on them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭marcofan

hi

the elite shorts are the base model at the moment, these would have being the top of the line 7-8 years ago, they are a perfectly good short for example robin seymore won the national cyclo cross champs wearing a pair at the weekend

the core has really replaced the elite in that it has the more modern grippers

the strike is the most popular short that Verge sell, its much more high end that core with lighter material a more modern set of bibs and our top of the line chamois

let me know if you have more questions

john

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I have the elite and the core I think. Elite from the first run of this design. Core from the second. Core are definitely better, particularly the pad. If it was a significant difference in price, I'd be happy with the elite, but it isn't.

I don't know if the Stike has been offered before.

Can't remember what the sizing guide recommended but I am normally a medium fit (180cm tall and 70kg). With the Elite bib shorts I had to go for the large size - when trying the medium, getting the straps over my shoulders without doing serious damage down below was next to impossible.

With the jerseys, there is quite a difference between the fabric in the Core (normal) and the Elite (mesh-like). The Core is described as relaxed fit and the Elite as fitted but they both fit me equally well in medium. The Strike looks like it's more of a tight aero fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Hi

Anyone out there with elite or core bibs who's in or around 190cm, 80kgs?

What size should I be looking at?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭marcofan

have a look at the sizing chart on the web site, should provide some guidance

http://www.vergesport.com/ir-en/products/cycling/shorts/core-bib-shorts/?man#description

marcofan wrote: »
    have a look at the sizing chart on the web site, should provide some guidance

http://www.vergesport.com/ir-en/products/cycling/shorts/core-bib-shorts/?man#description

The critical measurement for bib shorts that's missing is from crotch to shoulder. Going by the chart, I should be a medium fit but, as mentioned above, I had to move up to large after trying a medium. We were able to arrange a fitting session at the club and I certainly wasn't the only one who had a problem with the length of the medium bibs.

Can't remember what the sizing guide recommended but I am normally a medium fit (180cm tall and 70kg). With the Elite bib shorts I had to go for the large size - when trying the medium, getting the straps over my shoulders without doing serious damage down below was next to impossible.
    Hmmm. I come up as medium on the sizing guide but I'm 183cm and 67ish kg so now I'm not so sure about the medium based on your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hmmm. I come up as medium on the sizing guide but I'm 183cm and 67ish kg so now I'm not so sure about the medium based on your experience.
    I'm 178cms and 72kg and take an L in Verge bibs.

(It really depends on the length of your back rather than overall height - some people have long legs with a short back and vice versa).
    sbs2010 wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone out there with elite or core bibs who's in or around 190cm, 80kgs?

What size should I be looking at?

Thanks.
    I'd say XL going by myself on an L (see above).

I'm 178cms and 72kg and take an L in Verge bibs.

I think I'll go for the L so. Thanks for the input.

I would definitely recommend going for the large. I was worried that they might be a bit baggy but they fit me as well as other medium shorts.

Looking at them hanging beside a pair of medium Verge Boards Zima bib tights, the chamois is about 10cm higher even though they are a size larger. Just as well the straps are lighter and more stretchy.

Sounds like I'm an XL so. Thanks guys.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mods - is it worth making this thread a sticky?
    If you want to get the attention of the mods either PM them or report a post - we don't read everything in the forum

Cheers

I would definitely recommend going for the large. I was worried that they might be a bit baggy but they fit me as well as other medium shorts.

Looking at them hanging beside a pair of medium Verge Boards Zima bib tights, the chamois is about 10cm higher even though they are a size larger. Just as well the straps are lighter and more stretchy.

Thanks for the info MP. Large it is. All I need now is payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Does anyone at boards need to be sent a PM when an order is placed? It used to be Dav but I wasn't allowed PM him just there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

brianomc wrote: »
    Does anyone at boards need to be sent a PM when an order is placed? It used to be Dav but I wasn't allowed PM him just there.
    As far as I recall, when the order arrives, you send a PM to identify your real name and arrange a collection time.

As far as I recall, when the order arrives, you send a PM to identify your real name and arrange a collection time.

I think its more you pm your order details and your boards id/who you are in real life. Previously dav sorted the gear into piles so you could come and collect them

I think its more you pm your order details and your boards id/who you are in real life. Previously dav sorted the gear into piles so you could come and collect them

Who do I send the PM to?

Who do I send the PM to?

I think Niamh at HQ but I'll double check

I think Niamh at HQ but I'll double check

Cool. Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for being a bit dim but do we just use the Verge website to decide what items/sizes suit and then pm Boards with what we want? And then someone in Boards puts in one big order? If this, how/when do we pay?

Or do we do the whole <<basket - checkout - pay>> process on the Website ourselves? If this, what do we put in as delivery address?

Thanks.

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry for being a bit dim but do we just use the Verge website to decide what items/sizes suit and then pm Boards with what we want? And then someone in Boards puts in one big order? If this, how/when do we pay?

Or do we do the whole <<basket - checkout - pay>> process on the Website ourselves? If this, what do we put in as delivery address?

Thanks.

I simply ordered using the link and password above. I entered my card details and the delivery address comes up as Boards HQ.

Basically, Verge collect all the Boards orders then dispatch them when ready to Boards HQ where you collect them yourself.

That's my understanding of it.

All I need to know is how they match my real name to my Boards name. Godtabh is working on that.

Place your order.

The order is shipped from Poland to Boards HQ.

PM your order details to Niamh (TBC).

Once the order hits boards HQ Niamh (TBC) will sort the orders in to individual bundles.

Niamh (TBC) will advise when they can be collected. Ideally during office hours put in the past they have been very very flexible.

Simples (once I confirm with Niamh (TBC))

Reminder that tomorrow this closes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

is there a delivery charge on top of the price ?
    today last day?

Advertisement