Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max about that can be paid with Visa Debit

Options
  • 06-01-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

am thinking of purchasing a car in the UK, and the amount is more than the dealer will accept in notes, can't blame to be honest.

since I'm not sure I'll be buying the car, I dont want to EFT the cash before hand, rather I want to turn up on the day.   I'm pretty sure they'll accept debit card, for the full amount.   Whats the limit, and do I need to warn card security before trying to spend 17K stg on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think its something like 500-700 Visa Debit certainly not 10 Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

€1500 per transaction, €2500 per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Bogger77 wrote: »
    am thinking of purchasing a car in the UK, and the amount is more than the dealer will accept in notes, can't blame to be honest.

since I'm not sure I'll be buying the car, I dont want to EFT the cash before hand, rather I want to turn up on the day.   I'm pretty sure they'll accept debit card, for the full amount.   Whats the limit, and do I need to warn card security before trying to spend 17K stg on it
    Hi Bogger77,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For point of sale payments with your Visa Debit Card, you can pay up to your available funds. Some retailers have their own limits in place for accepting card payments and you'd need to check this with the dealer.

We would recommend having a note placed on your account to advise you'll be making this larger payment. This will avoid the payment being flagged as possible fraud if it's outside your normal transaction type/amount. You can request the note is placed by sending an Ask a Question from 365 Online Service Desk or call us on 0818 365 365.

Best of luck with the car and if you need a car insurance quote, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara O

Advertisement