Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead bluebottles

Options
  • 06-01-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My mam is having a problem in her apartment. In the back bedroom she has a large window with a window ledge, and she keeps finding dead bluebottles on the ledge. Loads of them. There are none flying around. She has searched every inch of the room for food or crumbs or a nest (it's a box room, very tiny) and has found nothing, but they keep appearing every day. Does anyone have any tips on finding the source or deterring them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

It's likely they're coming in a vent or something. Is the door closed to the rest of the house? Are there any others in another part of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

It's likely they're coming in a vent or something. Is the door closed to the rest of the house? Are there any others in another part of the house?

No just in that particular room, the room is at the back of the apartment at the end of a hallway. The apartment actually has no vents. This room in particular is prone to mold and damp but she has scrubbed it of the mold recently, they weren't appearing like that before then as far as I'm aware? She last removed the mold before Christmas and sprays the windows daily, the corpses have only been appearing for the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

rawn wrote: »
    No just in that particular room, the room is at the back of the apartment at the end of a hallway. The apartment actually has no vents. This room in particular is prone to mold and damp but she has scrubbed it of the mold recently, they weren't appearing like that before then as far as I'm aware? She last removed the mold before Christmas and sprays the windows daily, the corpses have only been appearing for the last few days

Have had this; the pesky things hatch out from somewhere. The spray is killing them and the thing will stop soon. They lay eggs in the most amazingly invisible of places; she can be glad they are not alive.. I once walked into a room full of flies alive.... Not her fault.

Advertisement