Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i lodge to a mortgage saver account?

Options
  • 06-01-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I recently applied for a mortgage saver account and have received a letter to tell me it had opened. The letter states that the account will officially activate when i make a lodgement, but there is no information in the letter to tell me how to make a lodgement or how i can access the account. The account doesnt appear on my 365 nor is there an option to add the new account to my profile.

The letter goes on the state: 'If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the above number', which is my local branch number and is signed by the local manager. So i rang that number but I got the usual selection of unhelpful recorded options which got me nowhere. To tell a new customer to call a number under the pretence that a local manager will take their call is terrible service. 

So now I have a mortgage saver account with no means to access it to make a lodgement.

Right now I'm wondering whether taking out a mortgage with your bank is a good idea...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Le Chef,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Sorry if the letter received is not clear on this process. The account will activate when the first direct debit goes through or you call into your local branch to make a manual lodgement. For more information on the Mortgage Saver account, please see here.

Thanks
    Tara O 

Advertisement