Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching Bags - Home Use

Options
  • 06-01-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi Guys, just looking for some advice on the best punching bags for home use. Any advice would be much appreciated :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Will you be kicking it too?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

kmgirl1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just looking for some advice on the best punching bags for home use. Any advice would be much appreciated :-)

Floor to ceiling ball (Double end bag)

Great for reflexes, relatively cheap, great fun, great work out plus it's easy to put up and take down if space is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kmgirl1

Planning to do a lot of kicking! Just a bit confused as to whether to buy one of the ones that stands and you fill with sand or one that you hang off the ceiling. Looking to see if anyone has personal experience of which is better for home use.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

kmgirl1 wrote: »
    Planning to do a lot of kicking! Just a bit confused as to whether to buy one of the ones that stands and you fill with sand or one that you hang off the ceiling. Looking to see if anyone has personal experience of which is better for home use.

Unless you are quite small I wouldn't get a free standing one if you want to use it for kicks. I have one full of sand and you can knock it over just with hooks let alone kicks. If you have somewhere to hand a bag I would go with that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kmgirl1

I'm about 5"7 - 65Kg. I've read that the free-standing bags take about 4 sand bags to fill. Would I really be able to kick that over? Thanks for the advice by the way. Biggest fear is to invest in something like this and for it to be utterly useless :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You might be alright I'm 6'3 and 97kg I even added water in addition to the sand and it still wasn't great. It's grand for light workouts but you can't nuts on it like on a hanging bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Any advice on how to hang a bag indoors? See one in Heatons (Sports World / Sports Direct) on offer. You can hang it from the roof but am afraid it'll pull down the roof/plaster. Is there a mount I could get somewhere for the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Any advice on how to hang a bag indoors? See one in Heatons (Sports World / Sports Direct) on offer. You can hang it from the roof but am afraid it'll pull down the roof/plaster. Is there a mount I could get somewhere for the wall?

If you locate the ceiling joist which is made of timber you can hang the bag from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Danye wrote: »
    If you locate the ceiling joist which is made of timber you can hang the bag from that.

Unfortunately not an option.

Would something like this work?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3021512

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Unfortunately not an option.

Would something like this work?
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3021512

Yep, provide you know what type of wall you're fixing to, and make sure you use the correct fittings for that wall

• Advertisement
Advertisement