Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopted half brother born 1966

Options
  • 06-01-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have, and continue to search for my half brother who I believe was adopted.   Our mother was in Northern Ireland but had connections also in Donegal.   She was sent to a Catholic convent in North London, England where my brother was born in 1966.   I have been in touch with Catholic Children Society, but until I have an exact date of birth for him, they will not take my searching any further.   I am hoping by joining as many forums as I can, in addition to my other research, someone, somewhere will have information or even better may be searching also.    I suspect he was returned to Ireland for adoption, but this is just a gut feeling.   Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi
    Do you know your mothers maiden name at the time, you can search UK BMD online, if you see a birth that might be his you can order online.
    With date of birth you can get more information from the adoption agency.
    If he was adopted here in Ireland and you have his correct date of birth you can search the Adoption books in GRO then order the adoption certs from roscommon. Adoption cert will say if he was born England.
    Happy Hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WCK

Hi Kathy.   Thanks for reply.   Yes have searched under mothers maiden name.   Initially thought birth could have been 1963 - 1966.   BMD searches for the London districts finish in 1965.  I've searched ancestry, ordered a number of certificates (not the right ones).   It was CCS who confirmed there was a birth under mum's maiden name in 1966 in their records.   It was suggested I search for records in 4 boroughs of London, Haringey, Islington, Paddington and Stepney.   I tried to get a couple of the most obvious through GRO but could not submit as no exact date of birth, they say has to be more than 50 years.    I have employed a research company now, so hopefully they will have some luck.    I just hope that he, or someone who knows him will one day see one of my posts.   No stone unturned, as they say.   As soon as I get a birth cert, I will return to your helpful advice.   Thank you.

No thats wrong 1966 is online and you can order the birthcerts useing the codes. ive ordered certs useing the codes before. look for childs surname and mothers maiden name the same.

Try FreeBMD.UK

Advertisement