Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying prescription drugs online

Options
  • 06-01-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Can prescription drugs be bought online for a lower price than a high street pharmacy?

I found one but it was for generic drugs only rather than a branded one still on patent.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

Unfortunately not. Following intense lobbying by the pharmacists the government have blocked online sales of prescription drugs both inside the state and overseas, despite online pharmacies being common in the rest of the EU.

It's illegal to buy prescribed drugs online. If you do successfully fill a prescription there's a high chance whatever you ordered will be seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

Unfortunately not. Following intense lobbying by the pharmacists the government have blocked online sales of prescription drugs both inside the state and overseas, despite online pharmacies being common in the rest of the EU.

It's illegal to buy prescribed drugs online. If you do successfully fill a prescription there's a high chance whatever you ordered will be seized.

And not only will it be seized, there is also a high probability that it will be fake and will not contain the ingredients claimed on the fake label.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

palmcut wrote: »
    And not only will it be seized, there is also a high probability that it will be fake and will not contain the ingredients claimed on the fake label.
    There are many reputable sites in the Uk who sell medications.
    Buying "drugs" off not recognised sites is a BIG GAMBLE.

However we are being RIPPED OFF by the pharmaceutical companies and Pharmacies.
    I have a prescription for a spray that costs me €57 in my local Chemist. I can 2 x sprays for £45 in Newry and I can get 2 x sprays delivered for £47.
    That's half the price.

But its in OUR interest that these controls are in place ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Carnmore wrote: »
    Can prescription drugs be bought online for a lower price than a high street pharmacy?

I found one but it was for generic drugs only rather than a branded one still on patent.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You could try Healthwave https://healthwave.ie

There are a legit Irish Pharmacy who will take your prescription and deliver free anywhere in Ireland. There is an annual membership fee of €25, however I am saving approx €550 per year on my meds - they are substantially cheaper than other pharmacies (don't charge dispensing fees).

Take a look at their website where they have proces displayed for many of the popular meds. Might not suit you entirely, but well worth a look.

Cheers

JP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Advertisement
Advertisement