Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to replace a Vehicle Registration Cert when not in the country?

Options
  • 06-01-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some advice here about replacing a lost Vehicle Registration Cert.

Problem is I'm not in the country so can't get a form witnessed by the Guards.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bmacm wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some advice here about replacing a lost Vehicle Registration Cert.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You need to get a friend/ family member to complete an rf134 and get it stamped by AGS.
    It needs to be in your name and at the address registered for the car.
    A proof of an Irish address with the form will let it go to another address.
    If you've no proof of an Irish address. A copy of an iD and a letter from a parent/ family member and proof of their address.
    And €12.
    And a willing clerical officer I the MTO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You need to get a friend/ family member to complete an rf134 and get it stamped by AGS.
    If you've no proof of an Irish address. A copy of an iD and a letter from a parent/ family member and proof of their address.
    And €12.

I have first hand experience of this and the Garda will not stamp the RF134 form without the registered owner in the station with ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bmacm

bmacm wrote: »
    Hi,

Any ideas?

Thanks

And €12.

Thanks Tatranska - I might ask my brother to do that to see if it'll work as I'm not home anytime soon.

kceire wrote: »
    And €12.

I have first hand experience of this and the Garda will not stamp the RF134 form without the registered owner in the station with ID.

Cheers kceire - Is there any other way you know of? Or, in your experience, is it not possible at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Never had anyone tell me they had to show Id.

OP get your brother to do it and use personal pronouns in requesting it.

He can post everything into the MTO.

• Advertisement

Never had anyone tell me they had to show Id.

OP get your brother to do it and use personal pronouns in requesting it.

He can post everything into the MTO.

Ok, thanks again Trey Tasty Surfing. I'll ask him to give it a go.
    Cheers

Advertisement