Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants agreement

Options
  • 06-01-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi just looking for some advice with the following. I moved to Northern Ireland in July last year because of work. I signed a 12 month lease for an apartment with a letting agency, paid a deposit and months rent as usual up front. Over the Christmas period I received a job offer that was just too good to turn down and I accepted. Only downside was it required me moving back down South to the Republic in February. I notified the agency in December that I would be moving out at end of January due to the new job, expecting to loose my deposit. The agency returned with the following 3 options:

1. Pay out the remainder of the lease (6 months rent)

2. Refuse to do so, be taken to court where I will loose and be responsible for all legal costs

3. As I am paid up until end of January, I must pay a further 2 months rent until they find a new tenant. Also letting agency fees (which is a months rent), keep paying all bills until the new tenant moves in. I must move out and hand back the keys at the end of January. Should they find a new tenant sooner than the 2months extra I have paid has expired, no money will be refunded to me. I will also loose the deposit. All in all that's 4 months rent plus bills.

I saw today that they have advertised the apartment already, and upped the rent by £25.

Just looking for any advice or experience that anyone may have had from a similar situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This forum primarily deals with property and accommodation issues within the Republic of Ireland. A NI/UK site may be able to help you on this.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement