Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance q

Options
  • 06-01-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

So i went with my insurance policy in jan 2015. Then i had 7 points for speeding. 2 2 and 3 . When i was stopped in oct 2014 ( i think ) i noticed that my license had expired. My mistake and done so in error.

Last year i renewed.

This year when i went to renew the insurance crowd thought i only had 3 . I said no ive still 7 and rang ndls to confirm. I got the dates off ndls. These are:

2 points 04 feb 2013- expire 30th july 2017
    2 points 18 aug 2014- expires 17th aug 2017
    3 points 21st oct 2014 - expires 20 oct 2017

The dates on my policy orignal policy are different. Only by a few momths and doesnt affect the points total anytime. Who gave those dates in 2015 as i dont remember. Did axa not use pulse back then?

What will happen the policy now..im afraid that they will cancel for an error..ive not claimed and i came clean once spotted. No stage did my points number was wrong..just the dates

Also as i mentioned my license expired ..all by mistake..i cant remember how long it was out for.

I just want to renew, accept an increase, behave and have a clean license for nxt yr

I dont know if im missing any info i dunno if or how the ndls are calculating the dates..i might want a maths degree for this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call your insurer and declare the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Call your insurer and declare the lot.

I did notify them of the exact dates..im curious of the next steps, how the dates got on the policy as i cant recall and what will insurance say..like the points number never changed, just the dates. And i notified them of the error in the renewal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Specialun wrote: »
    I did notify them of the exact dates..im curious of the next steps, how the dates got on the policy as i cant recall and what will insurance say..like the points number never changed, just the dates. And i notified them of the error in the renewal

123.ie must have changed their database system at some stage while I was insured with them. Fields that didn't transfer over seem to have been filled with fictitious values. I have never lived, nor do I want to live, in tipperary but that's what they put for my residence despite my "postal address" being in another county and my "area of use" being another county again.

Apparently "utmost good faith" doesn't work both ways, they are under no obligation to inform you that they have filled some of your details with potentially policy voiding junk for the craic of it.

Advertisement