Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A deposit on something

Options
  • 06-01-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just wondering can you still put a deposit on something in a shop and pay for it when you want it or can afford it like back in the 80,s or would shop staff think you were down off a mountain for the day.just thought of it today buying something.i suppose most of the stuff is put on credit cards now and pay later.was more fun putting on deposit and collecting it when you paid in full.think you would appreciate it more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to consumer issues. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭recyclops

It depends on the shop or the product,like I have put a deposit on a sofa and mattress in past week and I will pay then off monthly using credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its still done some places. I don't see how fun comes in to it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say something that there's infinite stock from you could as they can keep your deposit if you back out and will not be putting aside produce they can sell to someone else.

Advertisement