Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trike Drifting

Options
  • 06-01-2017 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Trike Drifting does it come under the passtime of cycling??

Well anyway its beginning to p!ss people off in the UK at the moment and with good reason to, watch this vid...

its only a matter of time before someone comes a cropper, hope it doesn't spread over here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭theautophile

Can see how it it would freak out motorists...............but man, that looks awesome fun! Reminds me of my "Big Wheel" back in 1977!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the road in cheddar gorge is fairly narrow and very busy - they're braver (i.e. stupider) than i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

man that looks like fun - of course it should be banned :rolleyes:

They make it look east but I imagine there is a fair bit of skill involved.

doing it on open roads is a bit daft - i can only imagine the total hysteria that would be caused here around this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

RobAMerc wrote: »

doing it on open roads is a bit daft - i can only imagine the total hysteria that would be caused here around this.

It does look like great fun, but on open roads? Justified 'hysteria' is certainly not restricted to 'here'.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If they attached a pony to the front they go go uphill too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

More appropriate to the "sulkie racing and general mayhem on the road thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

RobAMerc wrote: »
    They make it look east but I imagine there is a fair bit of skill involved.
    I dunno, any video I've ever seen of trikes has always included a 360° spin. Like this one:

I wouldn't mind having a go of a trike, but not on the wrong side of an open road. It looks safe enough; low centre of gravity, wide axle track, probably wouldn't flip over.

Street luge on the other hand... If I ever want my ankles to meet my kneecaps, I might consider that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Teeth, schmeeth…

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

That looks awesome! hardly anything wrong with it once you stay on your own side of the road though, probably pissing people off because they come around a bend and find a lad on a trike heading towards them, might be a bit hard to see being a total height of around 70cm too

I went down the Vee on a long board once, nearly landed in Cahir, intensive Cahir

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

JBokeh wrote: »
    hardly anything wrong with it once you stay on your own side of the road though
    maybe apart from the bits where you're facing the opposite direction to the one you're travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

JBokeh wrote: »
    I went down the Vee on a long board once, nearly landed in Cahir, intensive Cahir

I've seen guys on long boards and one on a luge coming down the featherbeds at a fair lick. Looks fun, but the idea of going at those speeds without brakes on an open road would terrify me. That said, the thought of coming down the Wicklow gap hitting 70kph on a bike would have terrified me 10 years ago. Still does by times, but so worth it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Particularly on blind bends that line down the middle of road could be seen as the border between fun/life-affirming activity and moronic/self-harming activity. Some of those in the videos seem to spend most of their time on the latter side of it, likely resulting in a short-but-glorious life or a short-antisocial-and-Darwin-award-deserving life, depending on your point of view.

Advertisement