Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Replacement Audio Interface?

Options
  • 06-01-2017 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

After years of use my trusty old M-Audio Fast Track Pro is not unusable on my updated macbook pro...the drivers can't be updated for OSX El Capitan and when I use it with my DAW (Reaper) everything sounds bonkers.

I'm looking for a new reasonably priced replacement but to be totally honest I'm not really up to date on what's what these days but from google research people generally seem to have a low opinion of Avid in this area so I'm just wondering could anyone here recommend me a 'current' equivalent of the Fast Track Pro (back in 'the way back when' I remember choosing FTP because along with the Mbox it seemed pretty popular and reliable)...but wow there seems to be a lot more stuff out there these days.

I've been looking at Presonus Audiobox, Focusrite Scarlett and NI Komplete Audio options under €250 mostly.

Would like to have minimum the same number of input options as the Fast Track Pro ideally.

Mostly for recording acoustic guitar, vocals (I use my Oxygen 8 as well to record vst strings and the like).

Any pointers or user experiences of the above would be hugely appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

I've recently bought the Presonus Audiobox and find it does everything I want it to do with no fuss. From what I hear, the Focusrite Scarlett is similar in terms of quality and ease of use. Either of those will suit you perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

CyanRain wrote: »
    I've recently bought the Presonus Audiobox and find it does everything I want it to do with no fuss. From what I hear, the Focusrite Scarlett is similar in terms of quality and ease of use. Either of those will suit you perfectly fine.

Thanks CyanRain!

Have gone for the Focusrite Scarlett option :)

Advertisement