Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirPrint compatible printer recommendations

Options
  • 07-01-2017 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭

There seem to be plenty of these wireless printers out there but no idea where to start. I have a budget of between€150 and €200.

Any experience with hassle free, easy to set up printers? And where to buy?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I have a Brother mono printer which works well for airprint. Has an easy screen for setting up WiFi and the airport seems stable (had a problem in thr past with HP inkjets not bring stable):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LUH8UHC/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

For me, it came from adverts.ie, but I think PC world or thr likes did it new.

What will you be printing? And Gow frequently? If honestly printing photos, frequently, inkjet is great, but if not...laser is good because the toner doesn't dry out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Dardania wrote: »
    I have a Brother mono printer which works well for airprint. Has an easy screen for setting up WiFi and the airport seems stable (had a problem in thr past with HP inkjets not bring stable):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LUH8UHC/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

For me, it came from adverts.ie, but I think PC world or thr likes did it new.

What will you be printing? And Gow frequently? If honestly printing photos, frequently, inkjet is great, but if not...laser is good because the toner doesn't dry out

Thanks, it will be mainly for documents, and may involve 30+ pages at a time. I won't be printing for photos really but will need to have the facility. So I think an inkjet colour might be best

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've had a HP photosmart 7510 for the last 4 years and it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

I found the Epson XP range very good. Easy to connect and using Airprint is nice

The Epson iPrint app takes the guesswork out of connection issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

Currys have several HP Printers for less than €70 or so that support AirPrint

• Advertisement

Razor Russ wrote: »

Yep saw that. Going to give it a go today

Razor Russ wrote: »

Picked one up on sale and set it up last night. Seems to work and do all it's asked so happy days. The touchscreen on it was a god send for setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

There seem to be plenty of these wireless printers out there but no idea where to start. I have a budget of between€150 and €200.

Any experience with hassle free, easy to set up printers? And where to buy?

Thanks

I would highly recommend this printer from Epson - WF-3620DWF and Argos retails it now for €120 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3591509/Trail/searchtext%3EEPSON.htm

I have the older version of it (WF3520) and boy it has all the features one would look for, AirPrint, Google Print, Fax, automatic duplex printing (saves a lot of paper), scanner, bottom feeder tray etc.

The only one down side is it is sightless taller than an average epson printer, mainly to accommodate the bottom paper feeder and maybe slightly heaver.

Advertisement