Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house

Options
  • 07-01-2017 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

I am moving very soon. I know about closing the account here. The owner of the house I am renting next had Airtricity but has closed her account with them. I am happy to stay with what I know as Esb so what do I need to do please? Will not have phone access there for a while. Thank you  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Graces7,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In order to switch supplier, you will need your MPRN (for electricity) or GPRN (for gas) and an up-to-date meter reading.

We would recommend registering with Electric ireland as soon as possible, in order to ensure that there is no interruption to the supply. Electric Ireland would not be able to backdate your registration to the date you moved. The change of supplier request can only be made from the date you contact Electric Ireland, and a change of provider can take up to twenty working days to fully complete

Are you looking to register for electricity or gas? You can do this by calling our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 or online here. The phone-line is open from 8am to 8pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 5:30pm (Saturday). If you opt for paying by direct debit and registering for Electric Ireland Online Billing, you will be able to avail of savings of 5.5% (if you have one fuel) and 8.5% (if you have both fuels).

We can also register you here on Boards. However, we do need to make you aware that we would not be able to take any bank details through this forum for account security reasons. As such, we are unable to set up direct debits or apply any savings.

If you will still like us to complete the switch for you, please send us the following information via private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number (if you previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    • Your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • The MPRN or GPRN
    • The meter reading taken the day you contact us

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi Graces7,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In order to switch supplier, you will need your MPRN (for electricity) or GPRN (for gas) and an up-to-date meter reading.

We would recommend registering with Electric ireland as soon as possible, in order to ensure that there is no interruption to the supply. Electric Ireland would not be able to backdate your registration to the date you moved. The change of supplier request can only be made from the date you contact Electric Ireland, and a change of provider can take up to twenty working days to fully complete

Are you looking to register for electricity or gas? You can do this by calling our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 or online here. The phone-line is open from 8am to 8pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 5:30pm (Saturday). If you opt for paying by direct debit and registering for Electric Ireland Online Billing, you will be able to avail of savings of 5.5% (if you have one fuel) and 8.5% (if you have both fuels).

We can also register you here on Boards. However, we do need to make you aware that we would not be able to take any bank details through this forum for account security reasons. As such, we are unable to set up direct debits or apply any savings.

If you will still like us to complete the switch for you, please send us the following information via private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number (if you previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    • Your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • The MPRN or GPRN
    • The meter reading taken the day you contact us

[*]

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    [*]
    Thank you

I do nto have the MRPN number, just the account number. 

Hi Graces7,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We do not have access to Airtricity's system. As such, we are unable to use their account number to locate the MPRN.

If you do not have the MPRN number, we may be able to find the MPRN with the RM serial number from the meter box.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I am meaning  the MRPN number HERE so I can close my account!
    Hi Graces7,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We do not have access to Airtricity's system. As such, we are unable to use their account number to locate the MPRN.

If you do not have the MPRN number, we may be able to find the MPRN with the RM serial number from the meter box.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Hi again Graces7,

We regret any confusion.

We only require the MPRN number for the new address.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement