Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought from Dealszone?

Options
  • 07-01-2017 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

I bought a Neutribulit on December 27th from and Irish site called Dealszone but there is still not sign of it.
    I've emailed them three times and have received an automated response but nothing else.
    Just wondering if it's a scam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The site seems normal, it's probably more due to delays / holidays over the Christmas period.

The company behind the website is Deal Zone Ltd, which has a registered address of 42 Lwr Clanbrassil Street, Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

That's what I thought but they haven't come back to me after three emails

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

No contact information on the site, and the Terms page seems to have been lifted from a site in the USA

However, as it's a .ie site, you can find the registrant details here: https://www.iedr.ie/whois-result/?whois=dealzone

A quick search of the CRO database gives this company: https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=577572&type=C

Putting that address into Google Street view shows a residential address thats blurred out....

No phone number though, so your next step should be to seek a refund/chargeback via your card or payment provider

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

dudara wrote: »
    The site seems normal, it's probably more due to delays / holidays over the Christmas period.

The company behind the website is Deal Zone Ltd, which has a registered address of 42 Lwr Clanbrassil Street, Dublin 8

Wondering how you found this, I had assumed the website to be dealzone.ie (if I'm wrong I'll remove the details from my post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

My Neutribulit arrived in the post yesterday so I've an apology for Dealszone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

maddness wrote: »
    My Neutribulit arrived in the post yesterday so I've an apology for Dealszone!

How are you finding the product? I have one here from dealszone and it doesn't have magic bullet written on the base like the picture on the box and the unit looks scuffed. An email to magic bullet confirmed it should have magic bullet written on the unit itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Anyone bought from here recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Blizgius

Yeah am wondering if they bought the htc vive from there. it's 400 euro 300 cheaper then on steam. not sure if it's a scam or not

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jamess19

Blizgius wrote: »
    Yeah am wondering if they bought the htc vive from there. it's 400 euro 300 cheaper then on steam. not sure if it's a scam or not

Hi, I was wondering the same about the ps vr?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shinedaisy

I bought a nutribullet last year never had any problem with it, was thinking about buying the Samsung 50inch TV but after reading this and other reviews think I will just pay the extra money and buy form a regular shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KirstyBelle

Jamess19 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering the same about the ps vr?

Don’t buy this! I purchased one ten days ago - no sign of it and can’t get hold of the company through any channels

• Registered Users Posts: 27 deadmeat

I ordered a nutribullet off them in April last year and received it in a matter of days. So only this week I had ordered the iPhone 6 on Sunday and the Macbook yesterday. There is no sign of the iPhone yet so now I am getting a bit worried and have just seen them being slated on trust pilot also.

My son also ordered the Nintendo Switch off them over a week ago and no sign of that yet either.
    A guy that I work with ordered a Nutribullet off them in Nov last year and after numerous emails he eventually received it but I think it took about 4 weeks and was meant to 3 day shipping

I am tempted now just to request a chargeback on credit card. I also noticed that the Checkout with paypal link on the site doesn't work so seems a bit dodgy now.

Has anyone got anything that they recently ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KirstyBelle

Over two weeks now and no sign. Still says processing when I check status and absolutely zero response from the company. Also contacted consumer affairs and we haven’t a leg to stand on because their T&C’s says they’re governed by Californian law!!!!

Over two weeks now and no sign. Still says processing when I check status and absolutely zero response from the company. Also contacted consumer affairs and we haven’t a leg to stand on because their T&C’s says they’re governed by Californian law!!!!

Doesn't matter where they are governed from, your credit card company will still refund you. They don't pay them straight away even though it does come out of your balance. I think it is normally 30 days or something like that. had to request chargeback before a few years ago from some other site that never sent an item

My son paid with his visa debit card so that might not be as easy to get back :eek:

Funny thing is the Nutribullet order that I have since last April still says processing

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Wondering the same .Was looking at iPhone 6s with them but thought price too good to be true then seen this & thought no chance .only thing is if could pay with PayPal it would be covered right ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

shardylan wrote: »
    Wondering the same .Was looking at iPhone 6s with them but thought price too good to be true then seen this & thought no chance .only thing is if could pay with PayPal it would be covered right ??

The specs match the MacBook Air 2017 but at that price it seems way to good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Grimsvotn wrote: »
    The specs match the MacBook Air 2017 but at that price it seems way to good to be true.

Exactly what I’m thinking but also it won’t let you purchase with PayPal so would be no go for me to even take a chance

Website has since completely disappeared after a few of us started to fill their FB page with negative remarks. Taken offline like it never existed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 anonymus1268

Hi, I have checked their website today and surprise! it is not found, not either on facebook.
    They have just disappeared.

Hi, I have checked their website today and surprise! it is not found, not either on facebook.
    They have just disappeared.

FaceBook page is still there
    https://www.facebook.com/DealZoneIreland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Dealzone is registered as company that has 2 directors. <SNIP> is one of them. Apparently he is a barrister and director of a diverse range of businesses registered at that address according to an Irish Times article

Dont know if that helps in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dd253

Also stupidly ordered a MacBook from them a few weeks ago. My emails got no reply so started the chargeback process as well as canceling my card. The website URL is registered to a <SNIP> but the actual site was taken down during the week. Facebook page is still up.

Tried all email addresses listed on the website as well as the phone number but no luck. Also tried getting in contact with the IEDR to see if I could get any information on <SNIP> but with data protection and what not...

<SNIP>actual address is <SNIP> (available on SoloCheck, along with all his other businesses). I'm very surprised that the site has been operating like this for so long, but judging by some, they've actually been receiving their items up until some point last year.

They've also changed the generic reply to their emails. It's now something along the lines that they've been having problems with the courier and the item will be delivered by Friday 26th January.

dd253 wrote: »
    Also stupidly ordered a MacBook from them a few weeks ago. My emails got no reply so started the chargeback process as well as canceling my card. The website URL is registered to a <SNIP> but the actual site was taken down during the week. Facebook page is still up.

Tried all email addresses listed on the website as well as the phone number but no luck. Also tried getting in contact with the IEDR to see if I could get any information on <SNIP> but with data protection and what not...

<SNIP>actual address is <SNIP> (available on SoloCheck, along with all his other businesses). I'm very surprised that the site has been operating like this for so long, but judging by some, they've actually been receiving their items up until some point last year.

They've also changed the generic reply to their emails. It's now something along the lines that they've been having problems with the courier and the item will be delivered by Friday 26th January.

I was doing my own searching on this last week and I seen that the website was registered to <SNIP> and I had also checked the company register. I think I found <SNIP> on LinkedIn as his last job listed was <SNIP> which was a similar site so has to be the same guy.

The other 2 <SNIP> that are listed as the owners were directors of like 9 other companies, most of them closed down. I got stuff off dealszone last year and had no issues. Also a guy I work with ordered a Nutribullet off them in Dec and he did get it just took about 2 or 3 weeks. So it was really weird the way some people were getting their orders. I wonder were they only sending the Nutribullets and they never actually had any other products at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maria Hickes

I bought the iphone 6 phone in January paid by card and still havent heard a thing back. I am contacting my bank today to try and recover the 129.99 back. So disappointed as this was a gift for my mum. Their email is not working so cannot get in touch with them. I am hoping that my bank will be able to help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dd253

I bought the iphone 6 phone in January paid by card and still havent heard a thing back. I am contacting my bank today to try and recover the 129.99 back. So disappointed as this was a gift for my mum. Their email is not working so cannot get in touch with them. I am hoping that my bank will be able to help me.

Yes you're definitely better off getting your money back. BOI agreed for the charge back but were quick to mention that the 'seller' had 30 days to dispute it. Somehow doubt the people behind this would want an argument!

Website has been taken down as well as the Facebook page so hopefully that's the end of Dealzone!

I had ordered 2 things from these and got the full amount refunded after I initiated a chargeback, it took a about 3 weeks to get it back. My son is still waiting on his refund and ordered at the same time, I also initiated a chargeback on his card at the same time but his was a visa debit card where mine was credit so might take longer for that. But I think you only have a certain amount of time to do this

Advertisement