Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idrotherapy cream -beware

Options
  • 07-01-2017 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently got a sample of idrotherapy cream as a present for someone cost me 16 euros no obligation for any more after that so i thought -,Order came saying it was 16 euros barely gave it a second glance and i never read the t and cs that state if you dont return the sample in 16 days you have signed up to a monthly withdrawl of 125 euros for this cream.now they have taken 250 from me i have cancelled my card -do i need to do anything else here no contract signed

thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Unfortunately a lot of these offers of free samples etc are a signup to monthly samples etc. My husband nearly did thus twice in last 6 months but thankfully stopped to check. I notice a lot of products that do this scam seem great but you wonder why they are not available in regular shops or made by other companies.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi all,

I recently got a sample of idrotherapy cream as a present for someone cost me 16 euros no obligation for any more after that so i thought -,Order came saying it was 16 euros barely gave it a second glance and i never read the t and cs that state if you dont return the sample in 16 days you have signed up to a monthly withdrawl of 125 euros for this cream.now they have taken 250 from me i have cancelled my card -do i need to do anything else here no contract signed

thanks for any help

You need to cancel directly with the company. Cancelling your credit card may not be sufficient as transactions may still be processed on your new card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

I spoke to my bank last night that assured me it wouldnt come out of new card-this idrotherapy cream is huge as a scam obviously i never checked it-anyway ive sent them emails cancelling anymore transactions but they dont reply or answer phone,Im calling it a scam as they dont send you t and cs until after you ordered product and these t and cs are in the bottom of a lot of terms-based in cyprus this lot

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

As a general note, anti-wrinkle/anti-ageing creams are scams. In blind tests and controlled trials there is no difference (subjective or objective) between a cheap moisturiser from Dealz and the most expensive cream from Brown Thomas, etc. The only genuine difference might be how oily or light a cream may be, which is personal taste, but you can get a light cream for very little.

These companies feed into people's fears about ageing and claim that they have "clinically proven" evidence to back up their claims. In fact they just do very selective questionnaires and tests on tiny numbers of women and claim that these are legitimate. If you read the Idrotherapy "clinical proof" and patent files that they link to, they are a mixture of fantasy and illegible pseudoscience.

Wrinkles are caused by many different things (facial expressions over time, exposure to sunlight, smoking, etc.) and no cream can reverse these. 3 of my friends are dermatologists and they all recommend using sunscreen minimum factor 15 every day (even in Ireland!!) and using the cheapest moisturiser that feels good on your skin - 2 of them just use Aveeno.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Idiotherapy maybe? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement