Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Reading 7/1/17 k/o 12.30 BT.

• 07-01-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

manchester-united-v-reading-metro-co-uk-big-match-preview_1483687833.jpeg

Team news

Manchester United

Wayne Rooney will return to Manchester United's starting line-up against Reading in the FA Cup.

Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay will not be considered while their futures remain unresolved, defender Eric Bailly is at the African Nations Cup and Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be rested, though Luke Shaw may feature and Bastian Schweinsteiger will be in the squad.

Provisional squad: De Gea, Romero, Valencia, Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Young, Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford, Ibrahimovic, Rooney.

Reading:

Al Habsi, Blackett, Moore, Gunter, McShane, Beerens, Swift, Van den Berg, McCleary, Williams, Kermorgant.

Key match stats:

Manchester United have advanced from all but one of their last six third round ties, falling only to Swansea back in 2013/14.

Reading's last win over Manchester United in the FA Cup dates back to 1927, drawing two and losing six of their eight meetings since.

The Red Devils are unbeaten in their last 24 FA Cup meetings with second-tier sides (W20 D4), last suffering defeat in 1981/82 against Watford.

Each of Reading's last two away defeats against top-tier opponents in the FA Cup have come in Manchester (0-1 against City in 2010/11 and 1-2 against United in 2012/13).

Juan Mata has scored in three consecutive FA Cup games for Manchester United, including in the final at Wembley last season (2-1 v Crystal Palace).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

That write up was really worth READING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nervous about this one. We've not done well with big changes to the starting team in the last few years and Reading are a decent side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Half time draw looks a good price at 17/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I fancy a handy win for United. Reading have been pretty poor away from home despite winning their last two on the road.

I hope Schweinsteiger gets a bit of time off the bench just to see how is playing after being frozen out for so long. Rashford to get a brace at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Very quiet for a united game today. 4-0 united rooney to get two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

7-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I dislike that Bet Victor advert, why every time I watch a match do I have to listen to klopp :pac:

82-0, Rooney to miss 10 penalties

Great start in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Rooney so close!!!

What a touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great touch and shot from Rooney. Brought a good save out of Al Habsi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Weird formation from bt there. It's obvious that it was gonna be Mata on the right with rooney at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hope Rooney gets that record soon so they shut the fcuk up about it every time he touches the ball

Who is that lad wearing number 10 he looks alert and showing great touch

It's a sad indictment of Darmian that I'm happier to see Young at RB than him.

Stam is a mean looking fella. Really has a bouncer look about him.

limnam wrote: »
    I dislike that Bet Victor advert, why every time I watch a match do I have to listen to klopp :pac:
    I meant to start a thread about this. I'm a bit concerned at all the betting and gaming adverts on sports tv these days. Having Klopp on an add makes it appeal to young kids watching a game on tv.

I think there should be a watershed for ads like these. I don't think betting/gaming advertisements should be allowed before 8.00pm at the earliest.

Rooney!

Thought martial should have laid that off to Mata on the first phase of his attack

I'm sure he would have liked to score a nicer goal to equal the record!!

Nice to get an early goal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is going to be a rout. Reading could be three down already.

Lol, pure miskick!

Happy days. Martial really looking scary for that left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nice goal to get the record.

Ahh lads so happy for him and Bobby looks really happy for him too and love the response from the fans in stadium.

Charlton's record might be beaten today. I wonder will that change how the fans think of Wayne Rooney.

Rooney you legend!!!! :)

I have United backed at 2/9.
    Hopefully we score another quickly.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Charlton's record might be beaten today. I wonder will that change how the fans think of Wayne Rooney.

You will never change the minority opinion the majority of fans love him for what he has done over the years.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I meant to start a thread about this. I'm a bit concerned at all the betting and gaming adverts on sports tv these days. Having Klopp on an add makes it appeal to young kids watching a game on tv.

I think there should be a watershed for ads like these. I don't think betting/gaming advertisements should be allowed before 8.00pm at the earliest.

I don't blame Klopp at all, but these betting ads are as much of a problem as alcohol or nicotine advertising. It's crazy how many of them there are now around sporting events.

Reading don't look great.
    United with key players rested but playing just as good.

Reading really standing off us.

Reading don't look up for it at all!!!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Lol, pure miskick!

Owen, "He guided it in with his knee" :pac:

Reading are a possession team...uh huh

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't blame Klopp at all, but these betting ads are as much of a problem as alcohol or nicotine advertising. It's crazy how many of them there are now around sporting events.

If tv adverts are a leading influence on a kids life there is something wrong with the parenting in my opinion. It's not the thread for it but parents are too often blaming tv and sports stars for there kids failings.

I'm a parent and when my kids or kid is growing up if I can't talk to them about gambling and drinking and explain the downfalls in it I will be terrible disappointed.

limnam wrote: »
    Reading are a possession team...uh huh

Looks like they've **** themselves. Finish them before they get a lucky goal.

Edit. There you go.

Martial!!!!!

So easy Hahahaha

Training ground stuff. Lovely

Jose has the troops well Martial-ed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jayop wrote: »
    Nervous about this one. We've not done well with big changes to the starting team in the last few years and Reading are a decent side.

No need anymore,this could be a cricket score.

Bored of this all ready...:pac:

God that was awful easy. Martial has been very good so far and nice finish.

Reading are terrible

Wow, Reading are dreadful.

Took a bit of a deflection actually

A nice warm up game for the upcoming Hull and Liverpool games.

We're gonna win the cup were gonna win the cup :):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    If tv adverts are a leading influence on a kids life there is something wrong with the parenting in my opinion. It's not the thread for it but parents are too often blaming tv and sports stars for there kids failings.

I'm a parent and when my kids or kid is growing up if I can't talk to them about gambling and drinking and explain the downfalls in it I will be terrible disappointed.

Dude advertising works or they wouldn't spends millions and millions on it. I've never seen as many people gambling as I do now. If I go to the pub on a Saturday all the young lads have bets on. It's like they can't enjoy a game without it.

lol missed the first 20 mins

Rojo down.

Edit. And Young needs to come off too apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement