Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House purchase legal time frame query

Options
  • 07-01-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all,

I'm currently in process of buying a house. Solicitor told me that sellers solicitor has requesitioned title document's from vendors bank. Is this likely to hold everything up for 2-4 weeks or is this part of standard time frame. We were hoping for a quick purchase.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The answer is generally how long is a piece of string. A purchase can take two weeks (my former housemate managed this) or it can take years and anything in between. It's a waiting game I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

That's normal. If a property has a mortgage the bank holds the title documents. They'll take a couple of weeks to come in. The vendors can then issue contracts. A quick sale depends on a lot of things (one being are the parties ready to move) but you won't know until the contracts are in as any title issues will only be spotted then. Once you have signed contracts you'll have a better idea of when you can close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Denny_Crane

I think the average, about 18 months ago, was 4-5 months to complete. I'd use that as a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

Hello all,

I'm currently in process of buying a house. Solicitor told me that sellers solicitor has requesitioned title document's from vendors bank. Is this likely to hold everything up for 2-4 weeks or is this part of standard time frame. We were hoping for a quick purchase.

Thanks

@time2upgrade I am waiting since July.. :(

Advertisement