Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing account question

Options
  • 07-01-2017 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've closed my account and have just received the final bill, however I haven't added details for the landlord when closing the account. I wanted to know if I needed to pay the final bill before he can open a new account, or should it be no problem for him to do it straight away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi therealao,

Thank you for your post.

This will not prevent the account from being opened by another party as the account is already closed. Our credit terms are 14 days. Should you need more time to pay the bill, we can set up a payment plan for you.

If you would like us to arrange this for you, please send us the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

When an account is closed, we do require the name and contact number of the new tenant, property owner or letting agent. You should have been asked for this when you closed your account. The reason why this information is required is so that we have a means of contacting the responsible party if the property is in danger of being disconnected. We would be grateful if you could also provide us with this information.

Please let us know if you would like us to assist you.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement