Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY Divorce, ex living abroad.

• 07-01-2017 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've searched the DIY divorce threads and couldn't find one relating to if your ex lives abroad and outside the EU, but please feel free to move this if I missed it.

From checking some of the DIY companies it seems to be possible, it just takes longer. But, I was wondering if anyone had actually done it, and had any feedback? I have a worry that it could be a very drawn-out process!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yes I did it - I used a company to do all the paperwork though who were very helpful. They sent me the necessary forms and I completed them, sent them back and they did all the paperwork.

You need to apply to the court to serve the papers abroad - ex parte document. The papers all need to be sent registered post and then an 'affadvit of service' needs to be signed by a Solicitor or Notary public

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭smurfette2212

Dovies wrote: »
    Yes I did it - I used a company to do all the paperwork though who were very helpful. They sent me the necessary forms and I completed them, sent them back and they did all the paperwork.

You need to apply to the court to serve the papers abroad - ex parte document. The papers all need to be sent registered post and then an 'affadvit of service' needs to be signed by a Solicitor or Notary public

That's really good to hear, that they can do that for you. Did you have to apply to the court to serve abroad, or can the company do that too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

No the company just prepare the paperwork. You have to apply to the courts for the whole lot yourself however they do give precise instructions so it's fairly straightforward

Advertisement