Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betting/Gaming ads during football matches

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Let's get this mother to 100 pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

i just sat down one day and closed all my accounts. It was the best thing I ever did. I had a problem for around 3 years and have stopped 10 months now. I kept it secret for all that time from everyone. I only told one person recently I had a problem and that helped me big time. I no the vast majority of people won't spend there Wages but I feel gambling adds are as bad as ciggie or alcohol adds that are banned from advertising at sports events. Gambling doesn't affect your physical health but it can destroy your mental health. It can destroy family's and some people have taken there own lives over gambling addiction or ended up in prison for stealing to feed there addiction.

I see the online apps as very bad as it is just looking at numbers for most people and they may not see the money they are spending. Also speaking to a mortgage adviser from a local bank branch and they said it can reflect badly for you when going for a mortgage if they can see all these gambling websites on your bank statements.

All gambling should only be done in a bookies where you know what you are spending and handing over the money, it may deter a few more people from doing it.

eagle eye wrote: »
    None of the items mentioned above are illegal for minors to buy. I protect my kids as best I can from those things to but they are legally obtainable for kids under 18.

Gambling is illegal for under 18's so it shouldn't be advertised during the day when they can watch tv. Same as alcohol.

Driving is illegal for under 18s, should car ads be banned? Voting is illegal for under 18s, should politics be banned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Driving is illegal for under 18s, should car ads be banned? Voting is illegal for under 18s, should politics be banned?

Driving and voting are perfectly fine aspirations to have as a young person.
    The fact that this has to be stated makes me wonder what age group you fit the into yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

kippy wrote: »
    Driving and voting are perfectly fine aspirations to have as a young person.
    The fact that this has to be stated makes me wonder what age group you fit the into yourself.

Gambling is the finest thing in the world to do if your good at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Gambling is the finest thing in the world to do if your good at it.

That is completely irrelevant in the context of this thread.
    Its literally mugs game for the vast majority of punters with devasting consequences for a portion of that number. Allowing bookies as big an audience and with as much wall to wall access to a young demographic or indeed those that may never have thought of gambling in the first instance is crazy.

Advertisement