Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

28mm on ultegra wheels

Options
  • 07-01-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

would like to put 28mm tyres on my ultegra wheels. struggled to get my current 25mm ones on though. does this mean the wider tyres wouldn't fit? anyone running 28mms on ultegras? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

nialljf wrote: »
    would like to put 28mm tyres on my ultegra wheels. struggled to get my current 25mm ones on though. does this mean the wider tyres wouldn't fit? anyone running 28mms on ultegras? thanks

I'd be more worried about your frame

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

They'll fit the wheels, but you need to confirm that your frame has enough clearance to accommodate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

I put a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus 35mm tyres on Ultegra wheels on my crappy weather bike/commuter and they're fine. They measure up at 32.7mm mounted on that rim @ 50psi. Like everyone else said, make sure you have the frame clearance.

Advertisement