Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break in Health Insurance cover

• 07-01-2017 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I am looking at breaking my health insurance cover as I will be travelling and will have good travel insurance. When I discussed this with VHI they said that if I break my cover I will be subject to the rules regarding new illnesses(26 weeks) and pre existing ones (5 years) etc. and so offered me an international insurance plan which is nearly 3 times the price of my current plan. I asked if I could just renew my plan but was told if I am out of the country for 180 days then this plan is not applicable.

Any ideas for any alternatives??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭billyhead

Likewise. I would be interested in the answer to this query if anyone has advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Is it illegal if you just tell them you cancelled your plans and you just renew as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 0876542080abc

there is somebody in a brokers that I use for our health covers and she is excellent in terms of advise - PM me for details - I dont want to put details up as might be seen as promoting a business etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,012 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just keep paying your standard plan - but know yhat you cannot claim on it while overseas.

Advertisement