Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5S Battery swelling?

• 07-01-2017 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My daughter has a 5s which is around 15 months old. Around 6 weeks ago, she noticed that the battery wasnt holding its charge. The phone then began to not turn on. Then, the screen started to lift away. It now has lifted quite far from the phone and the phone will neither charge or turn on.

Is this a case of one of the swelling batteries? The phone is also out of warranty, so I cant even contact apple about it (unless I pay a once off service charge).

Has anyone any experience of the above? Looking around online, it seemed that it was an issue, and apple stores were replacing them, regardless of warranty.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Assuming you bought it new from Apple or an Apple authorised reseller and haven’t let a non-Apple engineer at it, bring it back to where you bought it and cite consumer law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Call Apple and tell them the issue they will do a Free out of warranty replacement just say battery swelling and screen is coming off the device.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi guys,
    Got the device replaced. Will the device be unlocked? I had the previous one unlocked by Vodafone. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Got the device replaced. Will the device be unlocked? I had the previous one unlocked by Vodafone. Thanks

Why don't you throw in a different sim and try it....

laoisfan wrote: »
    Why don't you throw in a different sim and try it....

I'm selling it as is, so don't want to remove any of the packaging etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

antodeco wrote: »
    I'm selling it as is, so don't want to remove any of the packaging etc.

If you had it unlocked by Apple previously, the replacement should be unlocked as well. I have read The odd time that it hasn't.

That was my hoping! I managed to get it unlocked from the carrier today anyway!

Advertisement