If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade a 32" LG to 49" something

Options
  • 07-01-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

The father fancies a new, bigger TV from his existing LG 32" set.
    It wouldn't need to be too "smart", more important is the picture and sound quality. Looking at 49" or that but an inch either way is not important (don't say that out loud!!). It would need a scart socket, at least 2 HDMI and USB ports.

It will be connected to the Sky+ HD box and DVD player. Won't be streaming much (never say never though), but there is a chromecast he uses for videos from his tablet. He was looking at the LG 49" 49LH570V model currently on sale for €449 in Argos.

Have ye any recommendations to fulfill his requirements in or around that price point (again, that's not set in stone)

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Howdy,

The father fancies a new, bigger TV from his existing LG 32" set.
    It wouldn't need to be too "smart", more important is the picture and sound quality. Looking at 49" or that but an inch either way is not important (don't say that out loud!!). It would need a scart socket, at least 2 HDMI and USB ports.

It will be connected to the Sky+ HD box and DVD player. Won't be streaming much (never say never though), but there is a chromecast he uses for videos from his tablet. He was looking at the LG 49" 49LH570V model currently on sale for €449 in Argos.

Have ye any recommendations to fulfill his requirements in or around that price point (again, that's not set in stone)

Cheers
    Hi Roosterman71,

Thanks for your post. For the size spec and price that you are looking at there are a couple of TVs I would definitely recommend the Sony KDL49WD751.

This would be one of the best Full HD Tvs before you start stepping into the world of 4K. The TV has a scart connection, 2 HDMIs, 2 USB ports and a fantastic picture.

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202078-bravia-kdl49wd751.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

It's a little past the price you quoted however in terms of picture quality you really can't get much better before spending more for 4K.

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Thanks David. I'll let him know and I'll be back if he decides on that

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks David. I'll let him know and I'll be back if he decides on that
    No problem at all Roosterman71.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.