Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a holiday around trekking in Peru

Options
  • 07-01-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some recommendations here. My wife and I are thinking about going to Peru this summer to do the Salkantay Trek from Cusco to Machu Picchu. Not doing the Inca trail because we need to book so far in advance, limited space etc.

Seeing as we are going to South America anyway, I've always wanted to visit Havana and especially now with the American trade embargo lifted I want to see it before it loses it's soul :D But we also want to make the most of travelling so far away, so we are looking to include other worthwhile destinations on our trip.

Being somewhat inexperienced travelers, we are looking for some other recommendations/suggestions for our trip. We are probably going to take 2-3 weeks to do the round trip, depending on the expense and the itinerary. Ideally we'd do Dublin - Havana - Peru - Dublin, but if there are better ways to do it I'm all ears.

Happy to answer any questions or clarify things that might be of help. Many thanks!

Advertisement