Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropout/Transfer 3rd year

Options
  • 07-01-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm considering dropping out of my degree programme or transferring. I'm in 3rd year of Biomedical Science, I really hate it, and I'm just not sure what options are open to me from here. Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

get as much advice as possible on your options, i would be a pity if you dropped out now as you have done very well to get to this point. it maybe possible to take some time out of the course before resuming, your college will inform you of your options there. i have dropped out of a course before just at the final hurdle, but ive no regrets on doing so, so if thats the only option when that decision must be made, so be it, but try prevent that. best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    get as much advice as possible on your options, i would be a pity if you dropped out now as you have done very well to get to this point. it maybe possible to take some time out of the course before resuming, your college will inform you of your options there. i have dropped out of a course before just at the final hurdle, but ive no regrets on doing so, so if thats the only option when that decision must be made, so be it, but try prevent that. best of luck with it

Thank you! I'm just incredibly unhappy in the course, I don't find it interesting and the thoughts of another 18 months isn't even worth thinking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Thank you! I'm just incredibly unhappy in the course, I don't find it interesting and the thoughts of another 18 months isn't even worth thinking about!

been there before alright but do look into your options, if none of your options are ideal for you, dont be afraid to walk away, your well being is important.

Advertisement