Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about entry requirement for international student

Options
  • 07-01-2017 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello everyone,
    first of all, sorry for my English level. I have questions about Master degree in Ireland. I am a foreigner and obtained Bachelor degree abroad in social science. I want to study master in Ireland and want to know, if my average grades in Bachelor isn't good, have i chance to get enrolled? If average grade are 70%, or 70points from 100, will i be enroll in any subjects of social science? i read that every master program has its requirements but if i had not good grades, is i generally possible to enroll? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

The first thing you need to clarify is what Irish equivalent level your Bachelors degree is at. In Ireland we have a Level 7 bachelors degree and a Level 8 honours bachelors degree (a masters is at level 9).

Typically, for entry to a masters you would need a minimum of a 2.2 in a Level 8 honours Bachelors degree. As long as you achieve that, your grades shouldn't matter.

Advertisement