Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let it shine

Options
  • 07-01-2017 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Anyone watching this. Im really enjoying it but then again I loved the Andrew Loyd Webber on when it was on.

A lot less faffing than the x factor, its more about the singing

Loving it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Just watching it on record. The opening song with Gary in the shower put me off a bit but the main show was worth a look. It will be interesting to see how the ratings compare with The Voice U.K. On itv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Guardian's Stuart Heritage has even less time for this new show than he has for The Voice, it would appear:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2017/jan/05/let-it-shine-v-the-voice-let-the-battle-for-most-intolerable-show-begin

Overnight figures for both shows more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

i really enjoyed it. I love musicals so it was right up my street and its a bit different from the usual. Sounds like i wont be enjoying it again next year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

yogibear77 wrote: »
    i really enjoyed it. I love musicals so it was right up my street and its a bit different from the usual. Sounds like i wont be enjoying it again next year :(

Huh? It's only just started - too soon to say whether or not it'll return next year, and whether it'll be better or poorer if it does return... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the premise Gary is looking for stars for Take That the musical?

• Advertisement

Yep, its going to be about a boy band to the music of take that. Its not going to be about take that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm enjoying it. I am a Gary fan but I do like Danni and Amber aswell.

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it. I am a Gary fan but I do like Danni and Amber aswell.

Me too. Next week will be interesting now the auditions are finished. I wonder how will they eliminate people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I'm looking forward to it going live. Liking Martin Kemp.

Will the other judges still be there. I thought I heard something on sat night about this is the last time we see the guest judges????????? Please tell me im wrong. I like all the judges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Will the other judges still be there. I thought I heard something on sat night about this is the last time we see the guest judges????????? Please tell me im wrong. I like all the judges

Amber from Glee is finished I believe, Lulu a guest judge next week

Thats not too bad then. Think lulu could be good. She should know what shes talking about.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone watching

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I only got to see parts of it but what I saw I liked. I love Olly Murs so was delighted to see him :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah have to say I'm enjoying it

Really enjoyed thè opening again. Thought the show overall was good tonight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Such a good show so different than anything else on tv at the moment.

Loved the opening number and the collaborations. The talent and standard is unreal.

Anyone watching the live show tonight? I like that its only on for an hour, shouldnt be too much faffing around. Just straight to the music.

Go Ricki, go ricki , go ricki

They were fantastic (iron sun)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Very sugary, but a great start, this should be good if the standard keeps up.

Relly liked them . If they are all that good its going to be difficult to choose

Oooh.....I love that song (the sciencetist) but oooh that didnt sound right or was that just me?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Was I watching the same show? Out of tune a lot .

This lost doesnt sound great either

I like the twist, very fair. Good way of weeding out the iffy ones

Looking forward to this now

Oooohhhhh I love Take That

Didn't enjoy girls on film band

• Advertisement

I agree . They sound a bit off and thought it was a bit lack luster

Advertisement