Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball Python.....how to heat Vivarium

Options
  • 07-01-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello We are new owners of a 4month old Ball python. He currently lives in a small plastic box (36cm x 15cm x 25cm) which is in his larger tank which is about 38 gallon in size (116cm x 38cm x 40cm)Wooden Vivarium He has a heat mat on the floor of his big tank with a sensor and thermostat attached. His plastic box sits on part of this. What we want to do is heat his tank to a suitable temp (28/32) degree. There is a flourescent light attached to the top of the tank but this is just for viewing.
    Our question is....how do i heat the volume of the big tank??? Thus heating his plastic box also
    Any advice needed I can send you a pic of the set up if you want Viber, Whattsapp, Snapchat Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

I've been researching this too as I'm planning on getting a royal. From what I can see it seems to be recommended nowadays to use a ceramic or bulb overhead heater to create a hot spot and a cool spot and not use the mat at all. I've been reading that they can't be trusted not to burn heavy snakes like Royals. This video gives a nice example of what to aim for I think https://youtu.be/s8AmriOm26E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Infrared heat bulb is the best way to heat a vivarium

You'll also need a bulb cage to stop snekey being burned by the bulb or pulling it down (I put boas in a tank and they had the heat bulb and it's fitting pulled down within 20 minutes)

Advertisement