Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DGW and Blank gw planning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

FHFC wrote: »
    Wildcard this week.

See what kind of team you want, looking at the DGW players you consider essential for DGW37. See what your bench 4 looks like for DGW36 and 37 and consider BB whichever one looks best.

If its close as to which bench you can make the best probably go with BB GW36 as there are better TC options in DGW37.

Personally I'm going for BB in GW36 as I can get a stronger bench, I'm then gonna ditch a defender for Ake to free up more funds for the first 11 in DGW37 and go for a strong 11 (with 9 or 10 DGWers) and captain probably Aguero. (I've used TC).

He is my main differential in my leagues especially with City having so many win-able home games left, I'm a bit worried that Jesus is fit again though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Hogey007 wrote:
    If I have 2 ft's in gw36 and use wildcard, I still only get 1 ft in gw37 don't I?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Theres a misconception that Ozil is lazy and Sanchez is a work horse.

"In a piece published last month, the Daily Express outlined how much distance Özil covered in games this season. Out of the 16 matches in which he played a full 90 minutes, the midfielder covered more than 10km 14 times. These numbers were compared to the rambunctious Alexis Sanchez, who failed to cover 10km a single time out of 20 matches in which he completed a full 90 minutes."

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/04/21/lazy-critics-wrong-arsenals-mesut-ozil/
    That's surprising, anytime I've seen Ozil this season I'd hardly notice him on the pitch. He always just seems to be strolling around

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

siblers wrote: »
    That's surprising, anytime I've seen Ozil this season I'd hardly notice him on the pitch. He always just seems to be strolling around

Thats just the media narrative. "Lazy forriner int he?" Ozil works his bollocks off but his style isn't British enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Sanchez's sprint distance (speed approx >8 metres per second) would be superior I would assume.. any player can jog all game and cover serious distance. Most defensive midfielders cover serious yards in a game but might not sprint for the entirety of a game.. eg Barry or Carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

Would appreciate any advice on my team. Still have TC, BB. Currently on WC. £0.3 ITB after the below.
    De Gea--Pickford

Bailly--Holding--Stephens--Nyom--Francis

Sanchez--Alli--Sane--Zaha--Davies

Kane--Aguero--Benteke

Plan is to start bringing in Chelsea coverage after this week for GW37. Possibly Saha->Pedro and Benteke->Rashford to finance it. BB in GW37, and Sanchez TC in GW36. But I am more swayed by Aguero TC in GW37 and using BB in GW36. Holding losing his place last night was unplanned, but I do think he'll be back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Given current form I wouldn't touch Sanchez for TC, although he is nailed on to start he hasn't done anything in 5 games Bar score direct from free kick

His lack of returns for his price is indeed worrying.  Is it conceivable to go into DGWs 36 & 37 without him?? Ozil a viable alternative?
    Im not sure either. Arsenal have been so poor offensively it is hard to justify but with 2 DGW's both look nailed on to play.
    Im interested in Cech and Monreal for these positions. They seem to be focusing on defensive fralties and could keep 1 or 2 clean sheets over these GW's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Think I've come to the conclusion that I won't be getting Sanchez back in.

Would be captaining a Chelsea player for 36 at home to Boro or maybe Monreal if I get him.

Last night was scary, but GW36-37 are going to be terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Will sanchez even be fit for gw 37 after that injury to his lip he got last night? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Will sanchez even be fit for gw 37 after that injury to his lip he got last night? :D

You mean the possible career ending throw in? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Anyone considering more Bournemouth assets for the run in?

Could Daniels (say) be a play and forget premium defender?

I think Afobe up top is a bit expensive to be an enabler but as part of a strong Fr8 could work.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

ElTel wrote:
    Could Daniels (say) be a play and forget premium defender?

Daniels is on my short list of defenders for my WC this week. King staying in my team too.

Issac wrote: »
    Daniels is on my short list of defenders for my WC this week. King staying in my team too.

I've no WC or BB left.
    With Blind DDG and Bavies in my team he's tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

ElTel wrote: »
    I've no WC or BB left.

I have:

DDG/Pick

Alonso / Bavies / Baily/ Cedric / Amat

Couthinio / King / Sanch / Erickson / Zaha

Lukaku / Kane / Carroll

WC is wrecking my head at the mo. I don't really want to change that much of my team but feel I should with Bavies / Amat / Zaha/ Carroll / Lukaku (?) on the chopping block.

Who are the must haves? Hazard? Is Sanch a must have??? I had thought of TC him for GW 37 (Sunderland at home in particular)
    Sane in? But for who? Zaha if I can afford him or else Couthinio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Issac wrote: »
    ElTel wrote: »
    I've no WC or BB left.

I have:

DDG/Pick

Alonso / Bavies / Baily/ Cedric / Amat

Couthinio / King / Sanch / Erickson / Zaha

Lukaku / Kane / Carroll

WC is wrecking my head at the mo. I don't really want to change that much of my team but feel I should with Bavies / Amat / Zaha/ Carroll / Lukaku (?) on the chopping block.

Who are the must haves? Hazard? Is Sanch a must have??? I had thought of TC him for GW 37 (Sunderland at home in particular)
    Sane in? But for who? Zaha if I can afford him or else Couthinio?
    I would definitely be bringing in Sane for Zaha - well that's what I am doing. Zaha hasn't contributed anything in the last 3 GW's and his overall stats arent great plus Sane has an extra fixture coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chesty08 wrote:
    Son - lost his place

Dembele went off with some sort of knock at half time in the place game. He might start the NLD yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Am I being foolish considering no Utd defence in my end of season plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Am I being foolish considering no Utd defence in my end of season plan?

I think there's better options, Monreal being top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Didn't realize Jesus was only 8.6 .........interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

FFS are talking about people moving away from having 15DGW for 37 because they feel the DGWs so far have been poor.

I disagree with this completely, I'll be going flat out for 14, (Holgate being an enabler) currently on 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm getting worried about Sane now, can definitely see him missing one of the gw37 games now that Jesus is back. Is he worth keeping anyway?

Yeah I'm now thinking Jesus and hazard rather than keeping benteke and getting sane

Might bring in Cabalero as my 2nd choice keeper if Brava is ruled out for the season. If Kompany can avoid injury, they will be a lot more solid at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Green&Red wrote: »
    FFS are talking about people moving away from having 15DGW for 37 because they feel the DGWs so far have been poor.

I disagree with this completely, I'll be going flat out for 14, (Holgate being an enabler) currently on 10

I think it's definitely a good idea in theory but I suspect it's gone t1ts up for a lot of people so far this season so frustration probably kicking in at this stage.

For me, I overplanned for the Blank GW (although I actually did well that week but came at a significant cost leading up to it), blew my TC chip on Aguero for the City DGW and now have Valdes, Gibson and (albeit to a lesser extent) Zaha and Benteke stinking my team out a bit

Green&Red wrote: »

But as an Aguero owner, I am wondering if TC in GW37 is going to yield more points.

keano_afc wrote: »
    But as an Aguero owner, I am wondering if TC in GW37 is going to yield more points.

Depends on what chips you have left and your current squad. I was gonna WC in 35, TC in 36 and BB in 37 but I've not really looked hard enough at the fixtures. I've no real choice but to WC in 35 but I may swap how I use my chips in 36 and 37 around depending on fixtures.

In my case, TC Aguero in 37 would probably outscore TC Sanchez in 36 but BB in 37 should easily outscore the difference between TC and normal captain points for Aguero in 37.

siblers wrote: »
    Depends on what chips you have left and your current squad. I was gonna WC in 35, TC in 36 and BB in 37 but I've not really looked hard enough at the fixtures. I've no real choice but to WC in 35 but I may swap how I use my chips in 36 and 37 around depending on fixtures.

Currently on the WC. As it is I have 11 in DGW in 37 with plans to bring in at least 2 more. Hate my team though, some of the DGW players are cheap and probably only looking at 4pts across the 2 games. If I look at BB bringing in a minimum if 16pts of all players play, i fancy Aguero to do better than that in his 2 games. If he plays them both. That would mean using TC in GW 36 on an Arsenal player. Which I dont fancy.

F*ck this game.

I think I'm done....

Willy, Jak
    Holgate, Fuchs, Stephens, Alonso, Gabriel
    Sanchez, Sane, Hazard, King, Albrighton
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Aguero

Hopefully bank transfer in GW36 and BB as above.

'Bench' = Jak (SUN), Fuchs* (WAT), Albrighton (WAT), Holgate (swa)
    * You could say Stephens in the bench player not Fuchs but its hard to say you'd bench a DGW def even with tough fixtures.

The reason I have Fuchs in there rather than spreading the money across the back 5 is that I want to free cash to focus on upgrading the first 11 in GW37. Plus he's well able to get an attacking return vs Watford.

Fuchs to Ake (a transfer I've always dreamed of making Fuchs-Ake :D) leaves me with about 1.7m to use for a few late switches for GW37. I'd be prepared to make 3 transfers for -4 so a lot of flexibility.

I think I'm done....

Willy, Jak
    Holgate, Fuchs, Stephens, Alonso, Gabriel
    Sanchez, Sane, Hazard, King, Albrighton
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Aguero

Hopefully bank transfer in GW36 and BB as above.

'Bench' = Jak (SUN), Fuchs* (WAT), Albrighton (WAT), Holgate (swa)
    * You could say Stephens in the bench player not Fuchs but its hard to say you'd bench a DGW def even with tough fixtures.

The reason I have Fuchs in there rather than spreading the money across the back 5 is that I want to free cash to focus on upgrading the first 11 in GW37. Plus he's well able to get an attacking return vs Watford.

Fuchs to Ake (a transfer I've always dreamed of making Fuchs-Ake :D) leaves me with about 1.7m to use for a few late switches for GW37. I'd be prepared to make 3 transfers for -4 so a lot of flexibility.

Daniels instead of Fuchs or go solid on Francis?
    Could save you a D transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@FHFC

Not sure about City defensive prospect despite their fixtures. But Caballero is cheap and you'll have super Jaku in case ;).
    Also not worried about Sané gametime? Couldn't he be the one "suffering" from Jesus return? I've nothing to back this up, just some wondering posts in here..
    About Aké. Don't forget it'll take a Chelsea spot but I guess you did not miss this ;).

Keeping some cash in Fuchs (*) is a great idea for both the balance and flexibility of your team. But if we do have some disagreements in our analysis of the game, we definitely agree on this ;).

Was gonna make the same suggestion than Eltel about Daniels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Going with this, having abandoned my dreams of Anchibe as an enabler. Playing BB in GW36.

Jakupovic, Caballero
    Holgate, Stephens, Monreal, Alonso, Bailly
    Albrighton, King, Pedro, Sanchez, Alli
    Gabbiadini, Kane, Aguero

Pedro over Hazard is a serious gamble, but it frees up so much cash. My team value isn't the best so I think it's a risk I have to take.

Keeping Alli as I didn't like the look of Sane the other night, especially with Jesus returning. I'll be getting the latter for GW37 somehow. Have 0.6m in the bank, so should be able to manage it with a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

As will be clear with this question, I haven't been paying as much attention to this as I should.

Before I make a balls of this, am I right in saying I should wildcard now, in order to play my bench boost in GW37?

shineon23 wrote: »
    As will be clear with this question, I haven't been paying as much attention to this as I should.

Before I make a balls of this, am I right in saying I should wildcard now, in order to play my bench boost in GW37?

Yep, that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yep, that's correct.

Great cheers,
    my terrible decision making will cost me enough points by itself :D

Not sure if this is better here or WC thread but here goes.

On WC, and will be BB next for gw37. I was leaning towards king as my 5th midfielder with gabbiadini allowing me 2 other decent strikers & 4 strong midfielders alongside king. Hazard, sanchez, alli & sane.

With gabbiadini being very poor in last 2 games I'm thinking of bumping king up to 4th mid & maybe sacrificing sane to get 3 good strikers. Jesus maybe as 3rd depending how today goes.

Who's the best in the lower midfield bracket with a dgw? Ndidi has played every game bar one since January. A goal and 2 assists is all he has but at 4.6 he would allow me to get Jesus (or someone in similar price range)
    Is there any better options or is Ndidi a good enough shout? Is Albrighton worth the extra .3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

GW36 and 37, had been about (amongst other plans) to bring in Sanchez, TC him in 36, and BB in 37. Now really considering Hazard instead, and giving him the TC instead. Will give me one less DGW than planned for 36, but thinking based on current form, Hazard in one game, could produce more than Sanchez playing two.

Thoughts or suggestion?

City cover needed as well but not sure if Sane/Sterling or Aguero would be more beneficial, especially if Jesus is making a return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

First WC draft...

Cech/Pickford
    Gabriel/Clichy/Vertongen/Yoshida/Stephens
    Sanchez/Pedro/Sane/Alli/King
    Jesus/Gabby/Costa

6 DGWers for GW36, 14 for GW37, Would leave zero in the bank as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Aguero injury means plans and thinking is changing match by match.

Current squad is

Heaton Pickford
    Valencia Gibson Cédric Walker Mawson
    Firmino Alli Capoue King WardProwse
    Benteke Vardy Kane

Current plan is to transfer Firmino to Sanchez for GW36, giving him the TC (scary I know), and 3 DGW players. For GW37 transfer Sanchez to Hazard, and Bentake to Jesus, with a 4 point hit, giving me 11 DGW players, with BB giving me up to 26 players, assuming those 11 start both games.

Will be my big final push, would love to sneak into the top 100k, although top 150k might be more realistic.

All the above though depends on Sanchez and Arsenals performance today, and no injuries. Other plan would be just to transfer Firmino to Hazard for GW36, leaving just 2 DGW players, giving him the TC, and avoiding the hit for GW37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

27 points on the bench this GW means surely huge disappointment in my BB next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Bailly and Shaw potentially out now, to add to Smalling, Jones and Rojo........definitely going with triple captain for Sanchez next week now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bailly and Shaw potentially out now, to add to Smalling, Jones and Rojo........definitely going with triple captain for Sanchez next week now
    After that performance? He in particular was abysmal. I may still do it but I have huge doubts. United could very well stick out a defence of Darmian, Blind, Carrick and Valencia and be perfectly solid the way Mourinho sets them up in these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

It would take too much moving around and a big hit for me to get in Sanchez for the DGWs so instead I think I'm going to focus on DGW 37 and I'm looking out transferring out
    Lukaku ---> Jesus (I'll do that this week)
    Townsend ---> Sane/Pedro (not totally decided on that one) [I'll do that transfer next week]
    King ---> Herrera (I will also make that transfer next week as -4 heading into a DGW isn't as much as a hit as it is in a single GW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wrong thread - oops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

kopite386 wrote: »
    It would take too much moving around and a big hit for me to get in Sanchez for the DGWs so instead I think I'm going to focus on DGW 37 and I'm looking out transferring out
    Townsend ---> Sane/Pedro (not totally decided on that one) [I'll do that transfer next week]
    King ---> Herrera (I will also make that transfer next week as -4 heading into a DGW isn't as much as a hit as it is in a single GW)

May well do the Lukaku - Jesus transfer myself, and the Townsend to Pedro/Sane looks a good move. But I wouldn't be transferring King to Herrera, especially for a -4

kopite386 wrote: »

King to Herrera is mental
    For a hit is insane
    Dont do it

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    King to Herrera is mental
    For a hit is insane
    Dont do it

Herrera has been getting freak returns for a DM recently. Buying him at all is mental. He will regress.

Selling King for him is a whole special level of DGW blinded mental. :)

And thats before it being a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I am 2pts ahead in my money league. Squeaky bum time indeed. I have AOA and BB left, he has no chips left. I am planning on using BB GW37. AOA more than likely in GW38, I guess it makes more sense.

My plan for the DGW is to stock up on City and Chelsea players. Good idea or not? My current plan and team is below. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Current team:

Pickford - Foster
    Bavies - Ward(Bur) - Fernandez - Yoshida - FMori
    Tavies - Zaha - Hazard - Ozil - Alli
    Kane - Lukaku - Gabi

Plan for GW36 - Ozil and FMori out > Sane and Azpi in.
    Plan for GW37 - Lukaku and Foster out > Costa and Willy in
    Plan for GW38 - TBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I am 2pts ahead in my money league. Squeaky bum time indeed. I have AOA and BB left, he has no chips left. I am planning on using BB GW37. AOA more than likely in GW38, I guess it makes more sense.

My plan for the DGW is to stock up on City and Chelsea players. Good idea or not? My current plan and team is below. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Current team:

Pickford - Foster
    Kane - Lukaku - Gabi

Plan for GW38 - TBC

I wouldn't stock up on Chelsea players if they have the league won by then imo

sheroman01 wrote: »

Current team:

Pickford - Foster
    Kane - Lukaku - Gabi

Plan for GW38 - TBC

Lukaku out instead of Ozil who has 4 games in next two GWs and get Jesus?
    Could "counter" Costa with double Chelsea defence the week after if race for title still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Could Capoue be the DGW hero/cheap enabler right under our noses?

I've owned him all season, it just seems like the kind of thing that would happen when finally everyone abandons ship. Or not :pac:

Oh and yes I just started my wildcard tinkering a few hours ago for the first time and cash is an issue...

• Advertisement
Advertisement