Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nail technician cut my finger with drill

Options
  • 07-01-2017 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Went to a different place to get my nails done (acrylic). The person who was doing them cut all my finger with the drill. I suspect he was not qualified to use it. I left crying and bleeding after five minutes. Are these salons regulated at all?

How do I know when I go into a nail salon that all staff are qualified? It was an awful experience I was really shaken by it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

My wife went to Peter Marks one time and the idiot cutting her hair cut her ear with the scissors and never apologised, he did get her a tissue to stop the bleeding though :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Went to a different place to get my nails done (acrylic). The person who was doing them cut all my finger with the drill. I suspect he was not qualified to use it. I left crying and bleeding after five minutes. Are these salons regulated at all?

How do I know when I go into a nail salon that all staff are qualified? It was an awful experience I was really shaken by it.

I guess you'd have to ask in each salon?

Did they cut all ten of your fingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I went to one of those training sessions for hairdressing, the poor fecker cut his fingers about 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

SATSUMA wrote:

I don't think they are regulated in Ireland but look at the products they use. Some suppliers will only sell to qualified nail artists and they have to send in there training certificate to be able to purchase. CND are one such company. Avoid places that are super cheap and also don't be afraid to ask before they do your nails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Their insurance won't cover without proof of qualifications

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Got my ear cut when having my hair done once. It was an accident. I got over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Did you need stitches? How big was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Op here, no I didn't need stitches. I thought I did when it happened! It's not that big perhaps a centremeter long. I was terrified it would get infected but seems much better today.

I'm just really annoyed this person clearly had not a clue. Painting and filing is one thing using a drill is quite another.

They didn't even ring to see if I was OK. I've learnt my lesson... avoid "cheaper" salons at all times! I will be doing my own nails for a while I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I know haveent asked for nor received medical advice ,which is fine because its not allowed on boards . But if you never had a tetanus injection , you may need one now . You would have to ask a doctor of course .

Open wounds can become a problem if not treated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

2forjoy wrote: »
    I know haveent asked for nor received medical advice ,which is fine because its not allowed on boards . But if you never had a tetanus injection , you may need one now . You would have to ask a doctor of course .

Open wounds can become a problem if not treated

Put a big Band-Aid/ Steri Strip on it and it will heal in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Put a big Band-Aid/ Steri Strip on it and it will heal in no time.

This could be too late when the OP has muscle spasms and lockjaw

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

If anyone files your nails until they hurt/bleed, they're not following correct training protocols. An e-file should only be used to reduce the bulk of acrylic overlay and it shouldn't be used on the natural nail at all.
    I think you should formally complain to the salon as it sounds like he wasn't using it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

OP I'd maybe go into a pharmacy, tell them what happened & they could advise on what you may need to put on it.

I got a Shellac done in NYC when they were quite new and while fixing my cuticles, the girl nipped too hard & caused a cut at the base of my nail. Ended up with a horrible infection in there & get it reoccurring every so often now so better to make sure you've some stuff to put on it & keep it covered and clean.

I'd definitely complain to the salon.

Advertisement