Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General development job question

Options
  • 08-01-2017 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi just wondering the pay and life of developers? Can ye state if he develope front end, back end or both in websites! Please also specify if you enjoy it your workstyle and around how much you make! Thank you just curious!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

If you are considering moving to dev as a career change, may I suggest you try and investigate if you like it first? It's quite tough to get in to the industry unless you really like it, or have a natural aptitude for it. You have to upskill continuously.

To answer your questions though: 1: both, 2: yes, 3: not going to disclose what I personally earn, but you can probably earn twice the avg. industrial wage after 2-3 years if you are reasonably proficient. EDIT: That may require getting a degree first though, if you do not have a good portfolio of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

I'm currently in college for a degree, that's where the curiosity came from! Thanks for answering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I asked a similar question last month. If you want a read http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101842470

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

Perfect thank you!

Advertisement