Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yildiz Shotguns

Options
  • 08-01-2017 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a shotgun for clay shooting for under a 1000euro . I want a new gun and in my price range I'm fairly limited.I keep coming across Yildiz guns and from reading online there is plenty of good reviews and a few bad reviews but the same can be said for all shotguns.I'm only starting out with clays and not willing to spend 2- 3 k for a beretta or similar at the moment.

Does anyone have any experience or advice with Yildiz or similar price brands??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

They are Turkish Chocolate & big time CRAP !

With a €1000 look for a s/h Beretta, Browning, Fabarm, Betonsolli

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

If your patient you'll get a good secound hand multi choke sporter for your budget. Otherwise if you do go down the road of the yildiz ensure you pick up a sporter or trap gun. The sporter would be my preference as it will double easily as a good field gun if you decide to give hunting a go.
    If you go for a lighter game gun there can be two issues, firstly shooting a lot of clays through a light weight gun can be hard on the shooter, secoundly shooting a lot of clays through a light weight gun can be hard on the gun.
    I've heard that some of Yildiz's light field guns where not standing up to regular use on the trap field. That may have been addressed with better quality control.
    Now my next bit of advice is in a kin to marmite you'll either love it or hate it. For the money your talking you'll pick up a new o/u sporting multi choke Baikal with silvered actions, ported barrels and walnut stock and still have money to buy 1000 cartridges or accessories such as gun bag, ear defenders, skeet vest etc.
    Have a look here....
    http://www.shoot.ie/shooting/shotguns/baikal-sporter.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Yep, I'd agree Baikal. Never see the end of one !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Look at a Bettinsoli. There good and owned by Beretta. I started like many with a semi auto and you'll get a good second hand Browning or Beretta for around a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Look at a Bettinsoli. There good and owned by Beretta. I started like many with a semi auto and you'll get a good second hand Browning or Beretta for around a grand.

I second your advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement