Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel expenses for travelling between 2 schools ?

Options
  • 08-01-2017 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have some hours in a school but have gotten another hours work in a school 20 miles away. Someone mentioned that I may be entitled to travel expenses for travelling for these two extra classes a week. Anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I doubt it.
    In the past, I (and other coilleagues) worked in two centres within the VEC. Best arrangement we got was a 'free' class to cover the travel time between sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

http://www.education.ie/en/Advanced-Search/?q=Travel%20Expenses%20Application%20Form%20(Circular%200009/2015)
    For Primary level there are anyway. Form can be submitted at the end of a term. Check out the link. Not sure about secondary.

Edited to add...I think you have to be employed by one school who are asking you to travel to another during that contract. Not sure about separate jobs for hours with individual schools.
    NCW feen wrote: »
    I have some hours in a school but have gotten another hours work in a school 20 miles away. Someone mentioned that I may be entitled to travel expenses for travelling for these two extra classes a week. Anyone know if this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's usually for 1 contract but split between 2 centres e.g. SEN teacher

Advertisement