Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Light Rail [route options idenfication and initial design underway]

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

That might make the route from Carrigaline to the city too long.

I'd follow Dylan's route from Carrigaline to Douglas Court but then have it run past Tesco via the Douglas link road and then have it follow the N40 to Black Ash where you could link with a high frequency bus route or possibly a spur to the Airport. Then you either close a lane on the N27 and squeeze it in there or culvert a 1km section from the Douglas road exit of the N27 to just beyond the Old Blackrock road overpass and build it underneath the road. You then run it past the Elyssian, follow Albert street all the way across Eamonn De Valera bridge down Anderson Quay to link with the East-West line at St Patrick's Street. In the current environment, closing a lane of the South Douglas Road, which would be the minimum required to run a luas there, seems completely unrealistic.

I'd link Passage by extending the East-West line to Rochestown (as in Dylan's Route 1) and then follow his first 5 steps in Route 4. I don't think there is a need to continue this route to Douglas . I don't think there is an immediate need for a Passage link. In this dream scenario, the commuter towns in West Cork become the biggest concern, particularly Kinsale and Bandon.

Post edited by snotboogie on

Advertisement