Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos/Soundstore/Currys, where to buy tv?

Options
  • 08-01-2017 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have to get a new tv. and due to the price is quite similar in all of them, I wasn't unsure where to get it.

I am not sure which one offers the best warranty and most important, which will give me the less hassle if I need to use it
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

I can say from experience that Argos offer the easiest of problem/ return/ exchange policies.
    The only slight problem I had was returning a canon camera after 14 months use that they sent off to be repaired. Other than that it is simple, exchange for same, refund or exchange for different once you have a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i bought a tv in currys,
    when it broke down i went in and they looked it up on the pc.
    i Had 2 weeks left on the warranty .
    They were helpful and professional
    They sent a van to pick it up ,and it was returned in a week working perfect.So i,d recommend currys .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Argos by a country mile. No question.

Curries believe EU& Irish law doesnt exist and a 12 month warranty is the holy gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

+1 for Argos. Anytime I've had problems with any of their products, it was replacement without a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

riclad wrote: »
    i bought a tv in currys,
    when it broke down i went in and they looked it up on the pc.
    i Had 2 weeks left on the warranty .
    They were helpful and professional
    They sent a van to pick it up ,and it was returned in a week working perfect.So i,d recommend currys .

Still wondering if you are a bot or not :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It depends on the tv you are buying. For example some panasonic tv's come with a 5 year warranty when purchased at participating retailers. Expert and soundstore would be 2 of these. In currys and argos the same tv only comes with a 1 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

I would look at richersounds here on boards very good after support even though they are in Belfast. The sometimes have open box deals on there page here on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

jhud wrote: »
    I would look at richersounds here on boards very good after support even though they are in Belfast. The sometimes have open box deals on there page here on boards

+1 For Richersounds and they do a 6yr warranty on their TV's.
    Great advice over on their forum and always good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Richersounds warranty is not a manufacturers warranty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Check out Richersounds on boards here, they can't help enough. Bought a TV off them last year and couldn't be happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 masao

Thanks for the replies to all of you.

I was holding during the Christmas period expecting prices to go down, but not quite sure why, prices are just rising from what those were before/during Christmas, is there any reason you are aware of?

Advertisement