Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace Door with full window

Options
  • 08-01-2017 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi just checking how much would it roughly cist to replace door full door and windows with just on window, the room is dark with the door and have no use for the door,any ideas, see attached picture,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It will all depend on the design and the number of openings. Would you not go for a decent slider door? Still leave you with an option of a door / exit if needed, but would let all the light in. I'd imagine you'd be looking at €1k to get something of good enough quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭franco25

It will all depend on the design and the number of openings. Would you not go for a decent slider door? Still leave you with an option of a door / exit if needed, but would let all the light in. I'd imagine you'd be looking at €1k to get something of good enough quality.

Thanks for the reply Dilbert,no don't need as an entrance so trying to turn into a second sitting room, when you say 1k,this include the window frame and window as well,is it a big jib to swap one out for the other?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

About €1500 for a sliding door in PVC plus labour.
    Looks to be about 2.1 wide by 2.4 high?

3k all in as a total guess.

kceire wrote: »
    About €1500 for a sliding door in PVC plus labour.
    Looks to be about 2.1 wide by 2.4 high?

3k all in as a total guess.

Don't want sliding door,want a window,this is currently at left of the white so currently have 2 door entrances, e1500 for labourer to swap door in and out? Bit excessive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭mulbot

franco25 wrote: »
    Don't want sliding door,want a window,this is currently at left of the white so currently have 2 door entrances, e1500 for labourer to swap door in and out? Bit excessive

It shouldn't be anywhere near that price-pretty straightforward job if its fixed through the frame,If it's strapped to the wall there's a bit more work to remove it,and some(plaster) finishing work afterwards

• Advertisement

Ignore. Double post.

Removes door
    Buy new window
    Build up new wall (assume existing rising walls will have to be exposed to continue wall build up)
    Install new window
    Internal finishes such as insulation, skimming and paintwork.
    Floor finish in this area?

My guess of €1500 was not just for labour but for finishes to some extent also.

And of course, if you want a real quote, you just have to get 3 trades people out to quote you. Otherwise all of us posters here are just guesstimates for your info and to place you in a ball park.

kceire wrote: »
    Removes door
    Buy new window
    Build up new wall (assume existing rising walls will have to be exposed to continue wall build up)
    Install new window
    Internal finishes such as insulation, skimming and paintwork.
    Floor finish in this area?

My guess of €1500 was not just for labour but for finishes to some extent also.

And of course, if you want a real quote, you just have to get 3 trades people out to quote you. Otherwise all of us posters here are just guesstimates for your info and to place you in a ball park.

Not a bother guys thanks for giving me an idea on this, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭mulbot

Not a bother guys thanks for giving me an idea on this, cheers

,Sorry.I was presuming you were going with a full frame window from floor-obviously if you need to build a wall then the expenses rise

Advertisement