Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peronal alarm - mobile options

Options
  • 08-01-2017 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭

Hi.

My elderly mother has a landline with a panic alarm service installed. It's a box where she can press a button on it and also activate it using a bracelet/neckless and she pays a monitoring service charge yearly. She also has a doro mobile which she is quite comfortable using.

I was wondering is there a an option of a mobile personal alarm service that could replace the landline alarm service as it seems in general to be an unesesary bill for her, as the only advantage is this panic alarm?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are mobile GSM units but they are going to be dearer than your home monitoring service.
    How much are you paying & how much are you hoping to save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks. Will check it out. Landline phone bill I think is 45 a month.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Look into switching your alarm monitoring to GSM and get rid of the land line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi Gooner

I'm using this device HERE for my junior,when is out to and from school. Same when he goes ouside with his bike.

It has 3 butons for quck action:
    left / right button - customised action
    SOS button - for mmediate,serious action / needs
    Both,sending alerts via email and/or text message !

Also,gives you the advantage of been fully mobile if she has to go out of the home.

It cost me a different charges as i buy as a partner but even online is not expensive.
    Then a yearly charge of around €50 once off, text sms costing extra.

I can assist you if you feel it does what you want.

Thanks for the reply. She doesn't go out on her own, always someone with her.

• Advertisement

gooner99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. She doesn't go out on her own, always someone with her.

No difference then, isn't !?

What I mean is that it's more a panic button/device for inside the house she needs, not a gps tracker.

gooner99 wrote: »
    What I mean is that it's more a panic button/device for inside the house she needs, not a gps tracker.

Did you read the website !??

405917.jpg

405918.jpg

The GPS tracker is a bonus !
    The 3 (three) buttons on the device can be used as:

LEFT - just woke-up,all ok -=> Let Home/ Arrived at Home
    RIGHT - Going to sleep for a while,all OK-=>Left School / Arrived at School
    MIDDLE - SOS,help dad !

They can send an email (s) and / or text SMS ,within seconds !
    You get the point !
    And, is much cost effective...and..i don't work on comission .

PS
    My junior drop the bag at school and it was pressing on the SOS button...
    I arrived in no ideea of time at school to check-on him !
    Nasty very hard time !!!

Advertisement