Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARTICLE: Where should I keep the gun cabinet keys safely

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Separate part of the house, definitely not in the same room as the safe.
    Not in a drawer or filing cabinate. At least that is my way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

200_s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I've has several visit from the CPO to inspect my security.

First told me to keep the safe keys with my car keys, as in keep them with me always. Bit dumb if you think about it. I loose my keys, They steel my car, drive to my house and unlock the front door and go in, unlock my gun safe, guns gone.

Another told me to keep them in the digital safe where the ammo is kept. Not the best place either IMO.

So now I keep them with the house keys on the string through the letter box. That way I won't be disturbed when thieves brake in :rolleyes::rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I keep a key in a combination key box hidden in a secret location somewhere in my house.

That's all anybody needs to know.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Twenty year old story, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I keep mine in a safe place...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

tac foley wrote: »
    I keep a key in a combination key box hidden in a secret location somewhere in my house.

tac

So do I, but where do you keep the backup keys for the combination safe !! That has me flummoxed

So do I, but where do you keep the backup keys for the combination safe !! That has me flummoxed

I know a man you kept his safe keys so safe he had to take a grinder to the safe.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I know a man you kept his safe keys so safe he had to take a grinder to the safe.
    :eek:

I'll bet that was you. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

tac foley wrote: »

tac
    Same as that

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote:
    I'll bet that was you. :-)

Slander....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hide a pebble in a pile of gravel.Put them in with multiple other keys of the same type.Obviously not labelled GUN LOCKER KEYS.If you are worried about not finding them again,put a discrete mark on the keys in question.IE a file slash across the top of the key head,a nick on the stem etc.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

clivej wrote: »
    I've has several visit from the CPO to inspect my security.

First told me to keep the safe keys with my car keys, as in keep them with me always. Bit dumb if you think about it. I loose my keys, They steel my car, drive to my house and unlock the front door and go in, unlock my gun safe, guns gone.

Another told me to keep them in the digital safe where the ammo is kept. Not the best place either IMO.

So now I keep them with the house keys on the string through the letter box. That way I won't be disturbed when thieves brake in :rolleyes::rolleyes::o

Did he ask you where you keep your keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mike2015

I keep my keys in a safe place

Now where the f... did I put them keys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

One key in a safe place and the second key at my parents house. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I think a gun safe is too much like an advertisement to thieves.

My gun safe has a couple of lengths of gun-barrel in it...oh the irony...😊

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Advertisement