Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerned Father

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That was the first thing that came to my mind. She may just long to see her mom for starters. As someone who just had a baby 6 months ago, I would have been lost without my mom around and if I lived abroad I would have probably been dying to get home asap!
    Is she going to India or America?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

endagibson wrote: »
    Is she going to India or America?

I know She's going to India, I've read the OP. I'm sure also that this woman knows her own country and wouldn't put her child at risk. The point I was making is that I can see why she would want to be with HER family after having a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

pwurple wrote: »
    Vaccinations, are ye having a laugh? They have babies and doctors and even hospitals in India too you know. It's not the moon. I know a few women who spent the entire maternity leave travelling the world with the baby. Sling, boobs and off you go.

Don't see your point - I'd see getting vaccinations as a big deal. If I was travelling to India myself, I'd be getting them and I'm a grown adult. The least you'd do if bringing a small child is get them vaccinated against diseases that are more common there than they are here i.e. an Irish-born child would not be immune to typhoid. The Tropical Medical Bureau recommends these:

Advertisement