Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2017

Options
  • 08-01-2017 12:22pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Seen decorations on sale during spring?

A Christmas movie on tv in July?

A neighbor with their decorations up in February?

If so this is the thread for you. This is the thread to discuss when we find the magic of Christmas in the most unexpected of places outside of the Christmas season. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Loads of neighbour's still have their decorations up! Wishing I'd left mine up too. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Park are still advertising their savings plans for the "Perfect Christmas 2017" on the TV. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A neighbor around the corner still has their tree up fully lit and window lights still flashing away.

It cheered me right up thinking I'm living around the corner from either another Christmas nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is my view right now :-)

405828.JPG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So jealous kitten_k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just back from walking the dog, loads of neighbours still have the decorations and trees up. It actually looks even more cheerful than when most houses were lit up. They are heroes ha ha!

Loughc wrote: »
    So jealous kitten_k

Just turned them off for the last time :-(

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just turned them off for the last time :-(

Only 10 months until we will be planning to put them back up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

UL still had their decorations up ! Panto season was still on today
    Can't beat the feeling of seeing a tree still alight and the spirit of Christmas still spreading out from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saw a woman walking down the street with a little Christmas tree in her hands. It looked like it was from Dealz. Must pop in tomorrow to see what they have left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Spotted a car today that still had it's reindeer nose on the front.

My local church still have their beautiful gigantic tree up lights and all on.

I took a quick snap on my way to work.

ru76fl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

I just listened to Same Auld Lang Syne by Dan Fogelburg, my favourite christmas song (I love the emotion of it and how heartfelt it is) because I didn't hear it over the christmas (felt this year the variety of christmas songs on the mainstream stations was very poor, mostly Mariah & The Pogues).

The lights are still up in Merrion Square

405993.JPG[\img]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was out running last night & not one but two houses still had their external lights (incl santa & reindeers) on twinkling away... as much as I love Christmas I thought that was a bit much at this stage but each to their own... :-)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Aw lovely that this thread has become a tradition now! :)

I was in Standsted airport on Monday and they had all their Christmas trees & decorations still up and fully lit! Was delighted to see that!
    On the bus home, noticed a few houses with their outside lights still twinkling.

My sister-in-law is Russian and she sent me pictures of the Christmas tree all lit up in their public square. As far as I know they leave their Christmas stuff up well into January as they celebrate later than us.

They celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January and many keep their decorations up until the 19th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,648 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Orthodox Christians celebrate on our 7th January as they honour to the pre Gregorian calendar date I think.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The crib is still up in our church !!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

The crib is still up in our church !!

It is at ours as well and it is outside!! Was nice passing it this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The lights on Henry Street have been taken down. :(

But I just walked past a beauticians and they still have tinsel and garlands up. :)

Flurry of snow at my house is makes look lt look like icing dust on a chocolate Christmas log. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

BBs still had mince pies earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Put up clear twinkle lights around a sign in the canteen in work before Christmas. The sign looks better and only a couple of people have noticed i haven't taken them down. I'm going to leave them up for the year now :)

It started snowing when I was driving home from work yesterday so I put Christmas CD on! :P Have to confess I did the same again this morning when I got to Letterkenny and saw white everywhere! Was disappointed waking to see no snow once again so that made up for it!

Saw Christmas lights and decorations still up in retail park too!

The other day I did some work downstairs in front of the fire (I'm self employed and work from home). It felt so cosy that I put Christmas FM on.
    My tree is still up too so it might as well have been Christmas!
    I was going to take it down on Friday but didn't. I was away the weekend so might take it down today!

Was in Dealz on Saturday and they had an entire aisle of Christmas decorations all for 50cent each!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

I'm taking down the tree today... or tomorrow.

I'm taking our tree down on Saturday- need it to get us through this week! :P

I have my Christmas tree still up! All lit as well!!
    I started to take my decorations down the other day and gave up.
    Today wasn't a great day so I lit it up and am now chilling out in front of the fire with all the twinkling lights! Yay!
    Might put on a Christmas film! :)

• Advertisement

I have my Christmas tree still up! All lit as well!!
    I started to take my decorations down the other day and gave up.
    Today wasn't a great day so I lit it up and am now chilling out in front of the fire with all the twinkling lights! Yay!
    Might put on a Christmas film! :)

That sounds amazing milli!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement