Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Christmas QI is now on on Dave. And I have a box of m and s mince pies to eat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I have my Christmas tree still up! All lit as well!!
    I started to take my decorations down the other day and gave up.
    Today wasn't a great day so I lit it up and am now chilling out in front of the fire with all the twinkling lights! Yay!
    Might put on a Christmas film! :)

Glad to see I ain't the only fruitcake with it still up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was in Aldi today and saw they had some sweets left over from Xmas. I was surprised.

They had loads of celebrations tubs for around €4, I can't remember the exact price and boxes of those "mint selection" sweets too. Don't know how much they were though.

Lidl is the same. They'd want to be giving it away at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Out running last night & those 2 houses that still had their full crimbo regalia up last week or so still have their tree's up with their lights on... was a tad surprised I must admit...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Vodafone on Grafton St still have 3 lit Christmas trees above the shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Well there you go. Tree down for another year. Boo Hoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Light the fire, get some pavlova with brandy cream, put your feet up, and enjoy the dulcet tones of Josh and Chuck on Stuff You Should Know Christmas Special.....

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6XxT6uDbPgvCugRfZ4rUbB

Passed a pub that still has its windows decorated with a Christmas theme. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Several cars with Rudolph noses spotted in the last few days. :)

• Advertisement

Embarrassing story coming up but I think suits here. Last night I had a dream where Santa Claus (!!) arrived at my house and asked me if I would look after the reindeer until December. I of course said yes and started erecting a fence in my garden . I woke feeling very pleased with myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haha love it. What a great dream.

And even more random Christmas out of season this actually happened to me I had today three 10 or 11 years olds call to my house and when I opened the door they went we're here to get you into the Christmas spirit and proceeded to sing we wish you a merry Christmas and then they ran off laughing....

Thanks. It's a very prestigious position to have !

You got to love kids and their imaginations. They probably didn't have time during Christmas to go caroling. Maybe they sensed you were the Christmas out of season type :) I hope you joined in !!

Christmas wreath still on a door on the way to work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

There may or may not be one selection box left here :pac:
    what happened to the other two over the last two weeks , I really don't know :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just in Starbucks and they still have their festive drinks and red cups.

I spotted these in a shop last week and as I was going to a friends on Sat, I picked them up, we both love Xmas so I couldn't not get them :D

Actual%2BChristmas%2BMix.jpg

Passed two cars with those Rudolf noses today. Must be keeping them until next year at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Those reindeer noses tend to stay around for months. I think people must forget about them. I saw some antlers the other day though.

Loughc wrote: »
    Just in Starbucks and they still have their festive drinks and red cups.
    Costa have their Christmas cups still too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bit of a weird one. We had an enormous amount of plastic bags piled up so we got rid of the ones that were a bit worn out recently. I kept a bunch of them for shopping etc, and a few cheap plastic ones to put my work lunch into to prevent spillages. Today's lunch went to work with me in a Dunnes Christmas bag. There was a faded receipt in it. It was from 2005. Part of me was horrified that we'd hoarded a bloody bag for that long (in my defence, it was bought long before I met my husband so I blame him!) but really I was delighted that it was Christmassy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Lots of Christmas biscuit tins in my local shop.

IKEA were selling (loads) of their Gingerbread Houses for €1 each yesterday.

On Pinterest I have a Christmas board and Pinterest usually show you pins similar to what you've pinned, so I still see the odd Christmas thing on my feed!

There's been lots of other Christmassy things that I've seen but can't recall at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Was lovely driving to work this morning- frost everywhere with sun rising- felt quite Christmassy even though it is February! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I'm at my Christmas party at the moment!

Hope you are still having fun kitten k. Merry Christmas :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hope you had a great time, kitten!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Has anyone else noticed how there is still a few Christmassy films and shows on telly? The odd film has come up on true movies and the like, also Christmas episodes of shows like Only Fools and Horses have been running lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

My Mam found one of my Christmas presents that she forgot to give me last Christmas. It's like a mini Christmas all over again! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just seen this thread on the front page.

Going to work last week I noticed a christmas tree still lit up in the front room of a house.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just seen this thread on the front page.

Going to work last week I noticed a christmas tree still lit up in the front room of a house.

I think that's the latest tree sighting we've been notified about. Love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement