Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Kind of late notice, but Jingle All The Way is on at 2.15am today, as in just over an hour from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Was up north today and some amazing person has one of their outside trees lit with coloured bulbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was in Homebase in Limerick yesterday - they have a load of Christmas LED's white and coloured greatly reduced in price. They still have boxes of baubles in the sale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local SuperValu has a seasonal corner and theirs Halloween, Christmas and now Easter eggs right beside one other. They don't mark down the stuff either and we were saying that some children who'll end up with chocolate reindeer's instead of chocolate bunnys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They should make chocolate Jesus's. Then they could market them for Christmas and Easter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    They should make chocolate Jesus's. Then they could market them for Christmas and Easter.

If anybody did want to get somebody a religious Easter egg. You could try this site. Their basically an egg with the story of Easter. They do similar stuff at Christmas with advent calender's.
    I have seen them in Tesco in the past.

http://www.meaningfulchocolate.co.uk/products

Posy wrote: »

You can definitely get them. I remember seeing them online and bringing it up with my mother in law. It didn't go down that well.

My local SuperValu has a seasonal corner and theirs Halloween, Christmas and now Easter eggs right beside one other. They don't mark down the stuff either and we were saying that some children who'll end up with chocolate reindeer's instead of chocolate bunnys.

Not surprised. The same crowd sells items at full price that was past it's sell by date.

Today FM are doing the top 10 Irish song lyrics so they played a tiny bit of Fairytale of New York a couple of minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Jingly jingles, fellow Elves! :pac:

Tesco Clearwater have ladies Christmas socks reduced to 68c a pair. Get 'em whole they're cosy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Never mind the countdown, there is a Christmas Tree still up in a front window at the end of my road!!!!! (in Leixlip)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was in Heatons today and they had tinsel, a Christmas sign and a few other bits reduced. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was in Heatons today and they had tinsel, a Christmas sign and a few other bits reduced. :)

I was in Heatons a couple of weeks ago and they had an entire aisle of Christmas stuff reduced! I took a photo and was supposed to upload it but took the pics off my phone to free up memory. Will try to remember to upload.
    It included towels and Christmas decorations.

My local shop also has Christmas biscuit tins.

I still listen to Christmas FM the odd time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I just noticed the other day that a local pub still has their christmas garlands (baubles and all!) up outside :D

I was in Heatons a couple of weeks ago and they had an entire aisle of Christmas stuff reduced! I took a photo and was supposed to upload it but took the pics off my phone to free up memory. Will try to remember to upload.
    It included towels and Christmas decorations.

My local shop also has Christmas biscuit tins.

I still listen to Christmas FM the odd time. :D

Same in Heatons in Navan. 6ft trees with decs are reduced to something like €22.50

Deezer randomly played Jingle Bell Rock and Step Into Christmas for me on my commute home. I wasn't listening to a playlist, just whatever Deezer suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Heatons in carlow still have Christmas duvet sets on sale !

Last year one of those Movie Channels started showing Christmas films for the month of July! Think it was Movies 24?
    I was just thinking that if they do the same this year, it's only a couple of months away 'til you get your Christmas fix! :D
    Ireland doesn't always get great summer weather, so chances are it will be cold & rainy and should feel like Christmas when you're watching them! Ha!

Ooh I'll have to keep an eye out for that!

I was on the bus to work this morning and a Christmas song played on Deezer as white petals from a tree floated around outside. It was a little bit Christmassy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Last year one of those Movie Channels started showing Christmas films for the month of July! Think it was Movies 24?
    I was just thinking that if they do the same this year, it's only a couple of months away 'til you get your Christmas fix! :D
    Ireland doesn't always get great summer weather, so chances are it will be cold & rainy and should feel like Christmas when you're watching them! Ha!

Love this ! :) the only plus side to our wacky weather haha it can be a winter vibe nearly any day of the year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Heatons have been taken over by Sports Direct so stores in the Republic Of Ireland are having closing down sales to clear all stock.I was in Tullamore yesterday and a lot of the stock has gone.Stores will close for renovations and refits and then reopen again as Heatons + Sports Direct.
    I think the changeover has already happened in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Those channels never have subtitles! :( but I'll be looking forward to the posts when it start and perhaps watch some on Netflix around the same time!ha :P

Ellen decided to have a twelve days of Christmas in the Spring. Great fun.

Ellen decided to have a twelve days of Christmas in the Spring. Great fun.

Thought it was gas that she sent her writer with a camera crew out to some of the ungrateful wretches who put their prizes up on Craigslist for the last 2 years.

Absolute criiiiiiinge! :D

Anyway, was out on a late errand last night and noticed a house a couple of miles away still has Christmas lights in their front window....

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Holiday Inn (1942)
    Film4
    11:00-12:55 Thu 11th May 2017

original outing of white christmas

Was in a Haberdashers yesterday and they had Christmas material! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just seen this thread on the front page.

Going to work last week I noticed a christmas tree still lit up in the front room of a house.

I posted the above back in February...That tree is still up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Excellent. :D

Noticed that a house down the road still has icicle lights up outside.

• Advertisement

This day in 7 months it will be Christmas Day! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement