Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

homer, I had no idea that link was to a movie linked to "that song"!! Ba humbug.

My OH lost her phone so I gave her my personal one. She then called my work one asking was busy as I had just emailed myself a youtube christmas movie. My secret is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm watching The Holiday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Movies 24 is showing its Christmas in July starting next Monday July 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Lots of Christmas trees and decorations etc, reduced in Argos at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooh. Must check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Die Hard 2 just started on E4! It's Christmas! (Except if it was Christmas Sky would have bought all the rights to all the Christmas films and I wouldn't be on E4.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Santa trail in clanard hotel have their website up and going but can't book yet and you can register for early notification for palmer springs santa experience !

Iceland had their Christmas food launch today. I saw a few people tweeting about it.

Iceland had their Christmas food launch today. I saw a few people tweeting about it.

I saw this advertised in the free paper in Cork a new Iceland opened in Douglas you get €1 for every €30 you save!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I bought 2 pairs of Christmas fluffy socks in Sports World last weekend, one a Reindeer and one a Robin.

• Advertisement

I was tired & cold it was rainy when I got home from work yesterday evening, so instead of cutting grass like I planned, I made a big mug of hot chocolate and vegged on the sofa and watched The Mistletoe Promise which I'd recorded on Movies 24

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

chuckles30 wrote:
    I was tired & cold it was rainy when I got home from work yesterday evening, so instead of cutting grass like I planned, I made a big mug of hot chocolate and vegged on the sofa and watched The Mistletoe Promise which I'd recorded on Movies 24

I watched that movie twice over Christmas.

Really liked it!

Oh never heard of it.
    It must go on my list!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Posy wrote:
    Oh never heard of it. It must go on my list!!

It's a new one, Posy.
    2016, I think.

I only came across it cuz I love Jaime King and she's in it.

I passed a restaurant that's due to open soon and the windows were covered with Christmas wrapping paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Saw some Christmas ornaments in TKMaxx this week! Oooh I wonder is this the start of it! :D

Spotted in Killester yesterday. They possibly left out the wrong sign. :pac:

awAnDtD.jpg?1

I was serving cakes/scones etc at an event on Saturday and I used my 3-tier Christmas plate/cake stand as I needed 2 of them & I only had one non-Christmas one

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Saw some Christmas ornaments in TKMaxx this week! Oooh I wonder is this the start of it! :D

Describe them!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just listened to Jingle bell rock, for the craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

this morning dunnes stores clondalkin

https://ibb.co/bZdF7F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

headnorth wrote: »
    this morning dunnes stores clondalkin

https://ibb.co/bZdF7F

That's definitely earlier than last year!

leahyl wrote: »
    That's definitely earlier than last year!

Last year they were out this week as well because we bought them for the Rose of Tralee! Dunnes seem to be earlier than Tesco in the last few years!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It is my birthday today, and I am in work - I did consider taking the day off but decided to save my annual leave for another occasion. Anyway when I arrived in this morning I saw that my colleagues had got my Christmas decorations out of my desk drawer and decorated my desk for me :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Scarinae wrote: »
    It is my birthday today, and I am in work - I did consider taking the day off but decided to save my annual leave for another occasion. Anyway when I arrived in this morning I saw that my colleagues had got my Christmas decorations out of my desk drawer and decorated my desk for me :)

That's fantastic!! What a lovely surprise and they must know you so well haha. :)

I love that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Happy Birthday Scarinae!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Scarinae wrote: »

That is fabulous!!! Happy Birthday Scarinae!! It is mine today and I considered taking AL too but decided to save it instead- I only started working here last month so they don't know me enough yet! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

So reading a bit of news and came across this. "We know exactly what's happening on the Toy Show on December 1."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0824/899711-ryan-tubridy-late-late-toy-show/

So looks like toy show could be on Friday the first of December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Describe them!! :P

I took a photo of them and keep meaning to upload the photo to a site.
    I was in Homebase a week or so ago and they had big crates full of Christmas decorations that they were selling off for 60cents each! I got some white paper pom-poms and a baby's first Christmas stocking for my new nephew.

I'll upload the pics & a video of Homebase decorations soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement