Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the stalkers out there

Options
  • 08-01-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I was reading on a UK forum about a number of deer stalkers finding shot in the carcasses of deer when they are butchering them.

I find it repulsive that people go after deer with shotgun, has anyone had that experience over here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

ezra_ wrote: »
    I was reading on a UK forum about a number of deer stalkers finding shot in the carcasses of deer when they are butchering them.

I find it repulsive that people go after deer with shotgun, has anyone had that experience over here?

Possibly farmers using it as a form of crop protection.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Had venison for Xmas dinner and had to remove 7 pieces of shot,
    Would it be more humane to use slugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

Had venison for Xmas dinner and had to remove 7 pieces of shot, Would it be more humane to use slugs?

Can't we legally use slugs here?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Can't we legally use slugs here?

Don't know tbh,just thought it would be slow way for the animal to die

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Free-2-Flow

We cant use slugs here in Ireland.

They used to be legal years ago but it was never legal to shoot deer with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

We cant use slugs here in Ireland.

They used to be legal years ago but it was never legal to shoot deer with them.

Slugs require a restricted licence but it's illegal to use a shotgun to hunt deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Chiparus wrote: »
    Possibly farmers using it as a form of crop protection.:rolleyes:

This pisses me off. No shortage of people looking to shoot deer legally, we've had a quite a few people knocking on our door.

If you want them gone, do it legally and humanely.

Advertisement