Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnecting Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com

Options
  • 08-01-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Am somewhat confused by this! Emails from MS advise that this is necessary in order that your email accounts are synced etc. etc. Tried this in early December and failed to set up new profile etc. etc., by the recommended setup procedure, having first deleted the profile, per the instructions.

Basically, I have 1 gmail and 2 outlook accounts - name@outlook.com and name@outlook.ie set up in Outlook 2013. To reconnect, it is necessary to firstly delete the outlook profile in Outlook 2013 and re-set the profile again. This is where I ran into difficulty and am reluctant to delete and retry without some help. One of the accounts is set up as type Exchange ActiveSync and the other Microsoft Exchange. I had to set up one of the accounts manually as automatic setup failed, hence the different type. Does anyone know how the different types impact on email downloading, syncing etc. etc. I presume that the automatic setup was assigned to Microsoft Exchange - perhaps only 1 MS Exchange account is permitted per Outlook account? Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Can you see the three accounts listed in Account Settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Can you see the three accounts listed in Account Settings?

Yes, the three accounts are listed:

name@outlook.com - Exchange ActiveSync
    name@outlook.ie - Microsoft Exchange
    name@gmail.com - IMAP - no issue with this account

The account name@outlook.ie was deleted and setup, per the MS instructions - automatic. This is the MS Exchange account which was automatically assigned.

The account name@outlook.com was deleted but could not be set up with the automatic set and needed to be set up manually, assigning ActiveSync. It is to this account that I am receiving the email to reconnect Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com. Incidentally, both outlook mailboxes had been upgraded prior to the accounts being deleted and re-setup in Outlook 2013.

Advertisement